D25-12 bridgepin size

Reaction score
I just purchased a 1995 D25-12 Guild and I wanted to order some bridge pins with abalone to dress it up a bit. I never knew there were so many sizes. Can anybody tell me what size pins are in this guitar... and a good place to get them? Thank you in advance to all that answer.

MLBob

Reaction score
Bob Colosi can walk you through everything you need to know to get the right stuff ordered. My experience with him was excellent. I suggest you contact him through the info on his website:

http://www.guitarsaddles.com/products.asp

Studiopins%20002_zpshs0n49mi.jpg

Bob

Last edited:

wileypickett

Reaction score
I just buy whatever bridge pins appeal to me. If they're too tight, I just enlarge the bridge pin holes with a reamer. (You barely have to remove any material -- generally one or two twists is more than enough.) Takes less than a minute.

Many Guilds come without chamfered bridge pin holes. I chamfer mine so as to increase the string break angle.

I prefer bridge pins without grooves cut into them. If need be I'll increase the depth of the string grooves in the bridge, so that the bridge pins can be seated with the groove facing AWAY from the string.