Help me date this Hoboken F-20!

Reaction score
Hello all!

Just purchased this Hoboken F-20 that with serial number AG1345. Can anyone help me peg this this beauty to the year it was built?

Many thanks!
Alex

Reaction score

Many thanks, Sal!!!

And Joe, I'd be happy to post a pic, but still need to figure out how to upload photos ; )

Apparently my technological prowess seems to be pegged somewhere around 1966 as well!

I will say that apart from a couple of relatively minor nicks and dings, the things is in remarkable shape. And the case it came in looks practically new, particularly considering age. Purchase also included original cleaning cloth.

Reaction score
open

Hoping this works.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
open

Hoping this works.

HI Greencat, BTW, welcome aboard!
That one doesn't work because it's not an actual image file.
The insert image function tells you: "Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif"
If it's not one of those types it won't display.
THe address you used looks like this, doesn't have one of those extensions:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByTEauv1ZJnaX1BtOTFkRC1oQnc

Just clicking on the link will take you to the Google page and image can be viewed from there.
I can see the image file name but it won't display without more info telling your browser where to find it, and Google's not helping:

Got a suspicion it's in somebody's private Google account folder and that's why the whole image file address can't be accessed directly to show here, but that's the limit of my own Google literacy at the moment.
Looks great from here!

Last edited:

Rich Cohen

Reaction score
Many thanks, Sal!!!

And Joe, I'd be happy to post a pic, but still need to figure out how to upload photos ; )

Apparently my technological prowess seems to be pegged somewhere around 1966 as well!

I will say that apart from a couple of relatively minor nicks and dings, the things is in remarkable shape. And the case it came in looks practically new, particularly considering age. Purchase also included original cleaning cloth.

Sounds like the ultimate case queen!

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
You bet Alex. Oh, and welcome to LTG!

Here is the link I use to date Guilds, though sometimes there's an oddball serial number that doesn't fall in line.
http://www.adirondackguitar.com/Resources/Guild_dating.htm

Many years ago I checked Adirondack Guitar's listing and found enough errors that I did not trust it. Given all of the known problems with Guild serial numbers and then the online sites that make mistakes beyond those, I have just given up and used the listing that Guild itself "publishes" which is here. It's not right, but it is consistent and in some sense "officially wrong". When it really matters I go to Hans - first his book and then on LTG.