Which factory is making NS guitars?

kakerlak

Reaction score
So I have been looking at the recent Aristocrats and have noticed at a few places (Amazon, Reverb) they list the location of manufacture as China.

For one of them (listed as a Newark St. Guild Aristocrat), here is the SN:
s4e2b5mm8xvxooy3eau5.jpg

Any idea what the deal is with these?

That looks like some sort of MIRC deal

E-Type

Reaction score
That looks like some sort of MIRC deal

MIRC?

A lot of ads don't show the SN clearly, but I have seen a couple where the SN stamp looks to be not a number and the "Made in Korea" bus is just a horizontal number. Given everything I have read, this just seems odd.

hmlenkp1s8jmam91w9yw.jpg

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
So I have been looking at the recent Aristocrats and have noticed at a few places (Amazon, Reverb) they list the location of manufacture as China.
For one of them (listed as a Newark St. Guild Aristocrat), here is the SN:
Any idea what the deal is with these?
Welcome to LTG! As kakerlak already mentioned, this is a refurbished MIRC guitar with a MIRC serial number sticker. (MIRC = Musical Instrument Reclamation Center in Franklin, TN)

And no, an Newark St. Aristocrat does not come from China. I didn't find anything on Reverb or Amazon, feel free to post a link so we can check.

Wonder what's underneath the SN sticker? :)
The original S/N starting with KSG (Korea SPG Guild) in the case of an Newark St. Aristocrat...usually blanked out.

Ralf

Last edited:

E-Type

Reaction score
Welcome to LTG! As kakerlak already mentioned, this is a refurbished MIRC guitar with a MIRC serial number sticker. (MIRC = Musical Instrument Reclamation Center in Franklin, TN)

And no, an Newark St. Aristocrat does not come from China. I didn't find anything on Reverb or Amazon, feel free to post a link so we can check.

The original S/N starting with KSG (Korea SPG Guild) in the case of an Newark St. Aristocrat...usually blanked out.

Ralf

Thanks for both the info and the welcome! All that makes sense. I posted with a link to the ad at Reverb that had China listed, but it has not shown up yet as I am a new member that needs to be vetted first. I am sure this post will show up after that one though.

One of the others that listed China as the country of manufacture was an Amazon listing that I cannot find now that I look again.

E-Type

Reaction score
Thanks for the answers everyone. I know it looks like I asked follow up questions after they had been answered, but that was because, as a new member, it took 10-14 hours for my posts to be cleared by moderators.

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I posted with a link to the ad at Reverb that had China listed...
The seller just does not know that it was made in Korea. The serial number marking changed over time, the picture you posted has a year 2013 serial number (KSG13...).

Here's a 2014 SPG made Newark St. M-75 Aristocrat one, as you see there is only a line with the serial number and a sticker with Made in Korea:

1448027766Guild%20M-75%20Aristocrat%20Black%20hollow%20body%20gitaar%20tuners.jpg

Here's a MIRC refurbished Newark St. Bluesbird made at WMI:

jtikhicktpuuom6twdso.jpg

Ralf

Last edited:

E-Type

Reaction score
All great info that will help me buy something with confidence. All the help is much appreciated. Thanks!