Nugd f25

Cabarone

Reaction score
20170428_072411_zpsnktlekmt.jpg

I pulled the trigger on my first Guild a couple hours ago. A '91 F25 ce NT...man, I hope I did all this hi-tech (for me) stuff right...I apologize for the poor quality. I tried to get a shot of the label, but couldn't get a clear/close enough shot...the S/N is CJ000477...the case is like nothing I've ever seen; 5 latches (one on the hinge side)...thin body, plays great...I'm happy...

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Congrats! That is one good looking Guild! I hope you enjoy it for a long time to come.

TX

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score

I pulled the trigger on my first Guild a couple hours ago. A '91 F25 ce NT...man, I hope I did all this hi-tech (for me) stuff right...I apologize for the poor quality. I tried to get a shot of the label, but couldn't get a clear/close enough shot...the S/N is CJ000477...the case is like nothing I've ever seen; 5 latches (one on the hinge side)...thin body, plays great...I'm happy...

Wild, congrats!
After Hans pointed out that model actually existed and I saw the dates on the s/n lists I was wondering if it was what I then suspected it was, and it does appear to be.
That series was based on the classic F40 body outline and it looks like a blinged-down version of the later F65ce.
Is the back maple?
3" deep? (edit: corrected from "3-1/2")
Surprising amount of volume out of those puppies for the size, huh? (I have an F65ce)
There was a whole range of versions of "Fxxce's" with different body woods and depths, as well as 2 different scale lengths, the longer 25-5/8 scale being introduce in late '94.
And all of 'em got that oval soundhole.

If you like that one, imagine what a vintage D25-12 will do to you!

:friendly_wink:

Last edited:

Rich Cohen

Reaction score

I have a F-48 from 1974, and its OHSC also has a latch on the hinge side.