Guild USA Compensated Bone Saddle

Neal

Reaction score
Last week, I reached out to Cordoba, to see if they carried a version of the elegantly-carved compensated bone saddle found on late Tacoma and all New Hartford Guild acoustics.

The answer arrived in my mailbox yesterday. Yes, they do! $15.99, shipped.

I will replace the wretched plastic saddle on my recently-acquired '05 F-50R this evening, and take a few shots.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Should be the same one Merlin. The old Fender part number that I still have a few of new fits both my Orpheums and Traditional Models from New Hartford. If this one that Neal has ordered is the same then it should do the trick!

TX

Neal

Reaction score
I put the new saddle in last night. It is not a dead ringer for the New Hartford saddles but it is close. And the fit is absolutely perfect, both in length and width.

The improvement in sound is quite noticeable over the crappy plastic saddle that was on there. More volume, more power, more sustain, just more of everything you want to hear coming out of the guitar.

Neal

Reaction score
This is what it looks like installed.

Saddle_zpsbwpnnpbs.png

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I emailed Guild, and got this very quick response from Daniel Rivera: "Yes! We have these in stock! Item number 008-0200-000. Not up on our website, but I can send you a Paypal invoice."

I'll have two on order as soon as he sends me the Paypal invoice.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Neal

Reaction score
One more item of note: The bone this saddle is made of is hard as a rock!

I wanted to take the action down just a tad, so I sanded, and sanded, and sanded, using 80 grit on a hard flat surface. I was finally able to take 1/64th off of it, after repeated sanding and comparing to the plastic saddle it replaced.