Non-profit of the year award

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
I am happy to announce the non-profit organization I founded, Eldermusic, Inc., received this award from our local PBS station and others We bring live interactive music sessions to the residents of dementia facilities; were serving over 20 facilities monthly now with about 25 awesome volunteers that show up week after week after week. I'm particularly pleased that we won the award in the "Health" category. Eldermusic, Inc. "restoring joy and hope through live music"

Last edited:

5thumbs

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Well done, sir!

(Obviously you solved your posting problem. What did you find)?

Zelja

Reaction score
All the main reward is the satisfaction in doing what you do and also the feedback from those who you are helping it's also great to get recognition from a 3rd party like this. Congratulations on the award and props for starting a wonderful initiative.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Way to go Dreadnut! That is Awesome! Years ago when my Father was fighting his Terminal Bone Cancer in the VA hospital down here in Houston me and the guys would make a point once a week on our way to a Wednesday open mic night to leave out 2-3 hours early and meet up at The VA. Sometimes it was just me and sometimes we had 5-8 players and vocalists show up but regardless every Wednesday Night we put on a free show in the courtyard for all the folks in the VA. It started small but after a few weeks patients were scheduling their treatment around it so they could have that time free to come down and listen/interact with the performers. It was always free and always an honor to play for all of them. Those are some of my fondest memories of getting to spend time with my Father and bringing a smile to his face.

You and everyone working with you are doing an Amazing service for those you play for. Music truly is a healing power like no other. Keep it up and Congrats!

TX

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
That is simply wonderful and I offer you my sincere congrats for a job well done. There really is still goodness in the world.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
This post made me smile. That you got an award is good recognition for a job well done. That you actually DO THIS week after week, is AMAZING my friend. Congrats and thanks for what you do. It's important work!! :encouragement::encouragement:

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I am happy to announce the non-profit organization I founded, Eldermusic, Inc., received this award from our local PBS station and others....

Well, that's a big thumbs up! :encouragement:

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Right on! Non profits are not easy to start, get going and keep going. Congrats on such an achievement!

griehund

Reaction score
Congratulations, that's great news. Running an NPO is a huge challenge with every day highs and lows that can make you crazy. :applouse:

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
It's addicting...the responses from the residents are so predictable, it's like hitting a great golf shot every time. Keeps the volunteers coming back.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yes Tom, I started the local chapter of "Guitars 4 Vets" here about 7 years ago, we were one of the first 10 chapters in their program. G4V is a non-profit run out of the Milwaukee area, now they have 70 chapters I think.

They are still going strong here at our Veteran's Home, we have graduated about 65 Vets through this program, and each of them was issued a new guitar from G4V. They meet every week, and once a month they go up to the Alzheimer's Units to play and sing with their fellow Vets. It's an awesome thing to behold.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
dreadnut - I won't delete the duplicate post but the fact that you submitted duplicate posts really, really makes me want to point the finger at something you do or use as the cause of your posting problems. Has anything changed recently? New device, browser update, tranquilizers, etc.?