Guild sighting - Sammy Hagar

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Hagar does a show called "Rock and Roll Road Trip" on AXS TV. This clip with Toby Keith shows the Guild Hagar always plays when he plays acoustic on the show - all maple, anyone know the model?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIyP4nYqqV0&index=15&list=PL0ijEA95xg2PlyocB2pcFdD-bnxYQp-4d

The show is actually pretty good, he has had episodes with Billy Gibbons, Rick Nielson, Mick Fleetwood, etc.

Here's a trailer for it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHYM3L9l8c4

walrus
ALL maple?
Looks like your everyday F50 to me, or possibly JF-65, but they'd have spruce tops.
Don't think there was anything else it could be confused with.
I think it's post '92 or maybe '94 JF-65's got abalone rosettes and that would be a for-sure indicator of a JF65 with no other possibility.
Can't tell from the vid.
Don't think they ever made a maple-topped Jumbo and F40s and derivatives didn't get G-shields.
Don't think any of the GV's got maple bodies.

Last edited:

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I've always liked Sammy H. and been a big fan of "Van Hagar" for lyphe. Not sure how anyone could like David Lee Roth better than Sammy Hagar in that band, or in any band for that matter...but alas, I realize I am in the minority...VH w Hagar was tremendous!!!

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I've always liked Sammy H. and been a big fan of "Van Hagar" for lyphe. Not sure how anyone could like David Lee Roth better than Sammy Hagar in that band, or in any band for that matter...but alas, I realize I am in the minority...VH w Hagar was tremendous!!!

yeah, he seemed like a real down to earth dude too, accessible, an average guy for a rock star. cool voice. heard he owns a bike shop on some beach too or did at one point.

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Caught sight of it in an interstitial and took a screen shot.

58dc9336-c81a-4d65-a150-956499e4812b.jpeg