Pevey Made In America bass, from late 70s

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Image shows up for me. I logged out of Google and LTG, cleared my cache and it appears so it might not be my problem.

I don't see the pic, either. I copied the URL and put it in another browser and still can't see it.

I'm so curious. I NEED to see the pic!

kakerlak

Reaction score
I know the first T-60s had "Patent Applied For" on the headstock decals, later replaced by the eventual patent numbers. Interesting that the pic of the T-40 headstock in this thread shows neither, though.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I don't see the pic, either. I copied the URL and put it in another browser and still can't see it.

When I did that just now it required a google account user sign-in.
So looks like some kind of privacy protection kicked in that maybe wasn't in place at original posting time?
(I didn't bother to try to log in, can't even remember if I ever created an account, although I did set one up for Youtube)

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total

Try this. FWIW I don't see it today so there is almost certainly some kind of operator error involved. I curse your sudden and inevitable betrayal, Uncle Google.

PWhwHAzGtAxlk9wdrDr2A9O_HRkW7kacNyQRTesYBE4

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Try this. FWIW I don't see it today so there is almost certainly some kind of operator error involved. I curse your sudden and inevitable betrayal, Uncle Google.

I think I need to give you a computer science update class Fro..... :highly_amused:

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
"And yes, even the guitars weighed about 380 pounds. I imagine the basses weighed double that. "

Matter of fact, this has even caused some Peavey owners to resort to extreme measures:

(Before you yell at your computer, note that this is NOT my bass!)

Doubles as a chip/crisp holder at parties!

Minnesota Flats

Reaction score
The relief on the upper bout (bottom half in PIC) presents the case against using a router immediately after imbibing a six pack. Dang: he didn't even leave enough meat at the edge of the upper horn to allow for a cover plate over his mess.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score

Same thing again, "sign-in" :

" Error (403)
It seems you don't belong here! You should probably sign in. Check out our Help Center and forums for help, or head back to home. "

Oh well, I've always said I wouldn't join any club that'd have me for a member, I just make an exception for this place.

Last edited:

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total

No dice.

Wait, is that a Firefly reference? You may have just earned yourself some coveted GAD-points there...

Last edited:

fronobulax

Reaction score
Guild Total
Same thing again, "sign-in" :

" Error (403)
It seems you don't belong here! You should probably sign in. Check out our Help Center and forums for help, or head back to home. "

Oh well, I've always said I wouldn't join any club that'd have me for a member, I just make an exception for this place.

The original was hosted on Google and the more recent on Dropbox. In both places I tried to set the permissions so that anyone with the link could see the picture. While there is always the chance of operator error on my part I begin to wonder about other people's browsers...

fronobulax

Reaction score
Guild Total
No dice.

Wait, is that a Firefly reference? You may have just earned yourself some coveted GAD-points there...

I was waiting for someone to notice.

Dropbox.

I copy the link and get

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8icw5mh4247ar1n/12764751_10207446855143477_5511477064692321523_o.jpg

I click on it and see the picture. I am logged into Dropbox but when I poke around it says that anyone with the link can see the picture so it is not permissions. Perhaps the issue is with how it is embedded?

Sharing pictures was so much easier in The Good Olde Days.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I was waiting for someone to notice.

Dropbox.

I copy the link and get

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8icw5mh4247ar1n/12764751_10207446855143477_5511477064692321523_o.jpg

I click on it and see the picture. I am logged into Dropbox but when I poke around it says that anyone with the link can see the picture so it is not permissions. Perhaps the issue is with how it is embedded?

Sharing pictures was so much easier in The Good Olde Days.

When I click that link I don't get a jpg - I get an html file that contains a jpg.

I found this: https://ryanmo.co/2013/11/03/dropboxsharedlinks/ If I follow those steps it seems to work for me but I don't know if I'm not seeing the same results as you since I'm the one doing the embedding.

12764751_10207446855143477_5511477064692321523_o.jpg

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total

kyguild

Reaction score
Bought a new T-60 just like this one, only guitar I ever sold, and I regret it to this day...