The Guild Guitar Book--need a copy?

silverfox103

Reaction score
Was out for a Sunday drive, and stopped at one of my favorite guitar shops. It is the Vintage Guitar Shop in Ashland NH. Great place, I did notice a Guild 12 string, something 112. I know "GAD" goes there. I bought Hans' book there probably 7 or 8 years ago. I was pawing through the music books and there it was again.........Hans' book. It was $39.95, I'm sure they would send it to you.

Tom

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Nice, I was fortunate to visit that shop back in early to mid 90s. anyway, 20+ years ago. That area of New England is gorgeous! I did not know about Guilds back then, but I played a nice OM-21 Martin.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I love that store, though back in the day it was all high-end acoustics and now it's more of a "regular" store.

Do they still have the hammered dulcimer room overlooking the river?

I haven't been up there in a few years since my mom died (she lived in Ashland). I'm overdue for a trip.

silverfox103

Reaction score
They still have that room overlooking the river for dulcimers and other instruments besides guitars. I've been going there for probably 25 years, just stumbled on it one day. Never bought a guitar there, but strings, books and little repairs and adjustments. They still have some high end stuff as they are a Martin dealer. I'd say probably 3/4 of the guitars are vintage type instruments. They also have a nice repair department. This place is a real guitar shop, not a GC type.

Tom

Brad Little

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I was in there once or twice when my parents had a cottage in Whitefield. One time I picked up a so-so classical on display and played some Scarlatti. When one of the sales staff heard it, he went into another room and came back with a high end luthier made classical. I guess they didn't want just anybody dragging a pick across the strings on it. I will say, when I got back to my parents, my Mark V didn't suffer by comparison.
I did buy a t-shirt that my daughter still wears occasionally.
Brad