dreadnut - tell me about your posting problems here

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Dig down in here where dreadnut reports he can post but not start a new thread. This is a new thread I created so he can post what he is trying so we can solve his posting problem.

I would appreciate if if people would not post here unless they have read about dreadnut's New Thread problem and have some useful advice. That's just a friendly request at the moment.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
OK, I read your last post where I originally posted the problem, I'm going to try the things you suggested there. I also suspect some stupid little detail on my laptop is the culprit. This has been happening for quite some time, but after a few tries it used to let me in; not any more.

Here's what is happening:

I log in, it says "Thank you for logging in, Dreadnut," then I get this message:

vBulletin Message

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1.You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
2.You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
3.If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
The administrator may have required you to register before you can view this page.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Try deleting LTG cookies and clearing the cache. Disable any ad or script blocking software. Confirm that your browser allows JScript to run. Try another browser.

Same ideas as before but not that dreadnut has chimed in I'll take any help folks offer.

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Did you wave the live chicken 4 times over your computer, Dread? Make sure you don't go over and do it 5 times, or you hard drive will frag.

GuildFS4612CE

Reaction score
While I do not have the technical knowledge possessed by a lot of the fine gentlemen on this forum, I have picked up a few things having to use public internet access...one of which is that sometimes it's the provider's own firewall which is not configured to allow something through...just because it worked before doesn't mean they didn't make some changes...you might want to check with your service provider...and, yes, they'll blame you, ask you to disconnect and reconnect your modem if you use one...tell you to get a new computer...whatever...they do the same thing to techs that contact them...but often, half an hour later, things will be working again...magic!

Or not...

PS: I should have suggested that you check and see if you've had any updates to any of the software on your computer that coincide with the date your problems with LTG first appeared.

Last edited:

GuildFS4612CE

Reaction score
For everyone, if when you log in you can access 'settings' at the top of the page, right hand corner next to 'logout', check the left side of the settings page, scroll down to 'My Settings', click on 'general settings', which is under 'my account', then scroll down to 'Miscellaneous Options'
'Message Editor Interface': and see that the first option 'Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing' is checked.

While you're on that page you can set your other options as well.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Suddenly I'm logged in now. Used the same procedure, got the same messages...when I clicked on this thread, I'm logged in. If I go back to the main page, I'm not.