Somehow Forgot About...

Neal

Reaction score
My '81 D-212, which has been sitting patiently in its case waiting, waiting...

For me to notice it, pull it out and immediately be inspired to write a song on it.

Geez, I forgot the kind of power that 12 strings can bring when you really dig in.

And it was still in perfect tune after probably 6 months of total neglect, tuned to standard pitch.

I have a show coming up. I need to work it in.

Rich Cohen

Reaction score
My '81 D-212, which has been sitting patiently in its case waiting, waiting...

For me to notice it, pull it out and immediately be inspired to write a song on it.

Geez, I forgot the kind of power that 12 strings can bring when you really dig in.

And it was still in perfect tune after probably 6 months of total neglect, tuned to standard pitch.

Neal, when and where is the show? Will you be at The Local this coming Monday for open mic night?

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total

...if only for a 3-minute virtuoso instrumental.

Man, I play my JF30-12 daily, honing/dreaming a tune to be recorded....

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I know how you feel Neal. I will go a couple of months without playing one of my Guitars and then pull it out and it is like a NGD all over again. Recently I have tried the Elixir Nanoweb PB lights on my F512 and evn though I like the tone they are just too stiff on the 12 string for my weakened left arm. Since reading this thread I will probably pull it out today and restring it with the Daddario EJ41 9-45's that I had on it previously. They make it as easy to play in standard tuning as a short scale 6 string.

TX

Reaction score
There's a guy in my neighborhood who has been in bands for probably 40 plus years. I told him a couple of years ago about how my D40 stays in tune for long periods of time. He reacted with a weird look on his face like, oh sure it does. Hehe.

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Neal, wish I could come see you play. Dirty Nelly's sounds like my kind of place. A bit of a stretch from the Lone Star state though.

I am with TX on taking one out of the case for the first time in a while and feeling that NGD feeling. I have been playing my Eastmans a lot lately ( dynamite pieces ) and my D-30 has sat neglected.. I took her out late last night and was quickly reminded why she was the one that has never left.

Have a great show.