Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: I finally really hate Facebook

So I log in, it says "Thank you for logging in, Dreadnut," then I get this message:

vBulletin Message

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1.You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
    2.You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    3.If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    The administrator may have required you to register before you can view this page.
    "A question ain't really a question when you know the answer too." John Prine

'76 D-25M
    '99 DV-52ABHG
    '98 DeArmond/Guild Starfire Special
    Takamine Acoustic Flying "A"
    Crate CA-125D Acoustic Amp
    Fishman Loudbox Mini Acoustic Amp

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Parental tip for our younger LTG members:

Keep your kids off of Facebook for as long as possible. Period.

walrus
    Let me clarify - I should have said social media in general, although I realize it would be pretty much impossible. All of these sites (Facebook is clearly the worst offender, but they are not alone) use data that is collected from everywhere to "filter" what they show you based on your previous searches, buying habits, Facebook likes, Instagram views, email content, etc.

The issue is that if you are getting your information/news/whatever from any of these sites, you are only seeing information from "like-minded" people and/or sites. The whole idea of considering different points of view is foreign to these social media sites because of the way they work - i.e., their business model for making money is based on feeding you information, news, and products based on what you already have said you like.

I'm not saying these sites have no value, but as someone who spends all day with college students (i.e. "teens", essentially) you would be shocked by how they perceive the world around them, and how narrow their world view is.

walrus
    1984 Guild D64
    1998 Guild Bluesbird Cherry Sunburst AAA
    2008 PRS Hollowbody Spruce

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dreadnut View Post
    So I log in, it says "Thank you for logging in, Dreadnut," then I get this message:

vBulletin Message

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1.You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
    2.You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    3.If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    The administrator may have required you to register before you can view this page.
    OK. I get it and why you didn't do as I asked. Every account permission you have that I can view says that you can post. So I'm going to point a finger at your environment. The usual advice applies. Try clearing your cache. Try deleting any LTG cookies. Try disabling any ad or script blocking software. Try using a different browser. Watch for a new thread so we can move debugging this there.
    Quote Originally Posted by mgod View Post
    What he said.

'67 Starfire I Bass (Cherry)
    '71 JS II Bass (Walnut)
    '82 B-50 Acoustic Bass (Natural)
    '87 Pilot (Black)
    '13 Newark Street Starfire Bass (Cherry)
    '16 Betts Bass "Walnut Bottom"

LMG I, II, III

This space available.

Quote Originally Posted by killdeer43 View Post
    One thing for sure, you can't argue with the price. It's free for the taking and equally free for the leaving. I mean, really, what are we talking here that elicits these bad feelings? It's not government mandated participation or you're sent to a gulag.
    This is the epitome of First World bitching and/or much ado about nothing, to paraphrase the Bard of Avon.

Heck, there's even a Facebook page for LTG....did everyone know that?

Joe
    Yes, I set it up as a way of communication when there were issues with the forum. It's not a replacement.
    "Steve, you are a man of many goats."~ capnjuan
    "8 of 18", "19 of 22", "25 of 25" (and a couple of amps)

"Alternatively, you could just go the ultra-relic route with it. Basically go for a look that says the amp was on fire and they put it out using belt sanders. "

Quote Originally Posted by Westerly Wood View Post
    Well, it was a slow Thursday so...
    Yeah, who'da thunk?
    LOL!
    Last edited by adorshki; 04-24-2017 at 06:11 PM.
    Al
    "Time May Change the Technique of Music But Never Its Mission " - Rachmaninoff
    My 1st Guild: '96 Westerly D25NT "Hally" (10-31-96 stamped on heelblock)
    #2: '01 Westerly F65ce "Blondie"
    #3: '03 Corona D40e Richie Havens "Richie"
    All bought new!

yeah

Quote Originally Posted by fronobulax View Post
    OK. I get it and why you didn't do as I asked. Every account permission you have that I can view says that you can post. So I'm going to point a finger at your environment. The usual advice applies. Try clearing your cache. Try deleting any LTG cookies. Try disabling any ad or script blocking software. Try using a different browser. Watch for a new thread so we can move debugging this there.
    Thanks, I'll check all that stuff!
    "A question ain't really a question when you know the answer too." John Prine

'76 D-25M
    '99 DV-52ABHG
    '98 DeArmond/Guild Starfire Special
    Takamine Acoustic Flying "A"
    Crate CA-125D Acoustic Amp
    Fishman Loudbox Mini Acoustic Amp