My new up coming custom build

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
@Al lol not in my hands mate but you'll get them .

@ Neil truley I am not worthy ! Lol

Bon and Wes thanks , Ben says she's powerful and rings like a bell and heavy lol but knew that it would be heavy ABW is some stout stuff !

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys , not seen a demo vid yet so my guess he's letting it sit a few days to see if any ill effects happen after the stringing up .

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thanks guys , not seen a demo vid yet so my guess he's letting it sit a few days to see if any ill effects happen after the stringing up .

when do you get it?

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Ok folks here's Ben's demo . Wow is all I got lol

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Ok folks here's Ben's demo . Wow is all I got lol

Wow is right! Its sound on that piece he played at about 7:15 was incredibly rich and thick and luscious and voluminous and.... Wow is right!

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Thanks Cougar , one more day and I'll know ;)

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
HOLY CRAP!! I'm trying to decide if it sounds better than it looks, or looks better than it sounds! I think it's a tie! You're getting a KILLER guitar, Ray!! :encouragement:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
HOLY CRAP!! I'm trying to decide if it sounds better than it looks, or looks better than it sounds! I think it's a tie! You're getting a KILLER guitar, Ray!! :encouragement:

Thanks Tom , man I hope I do her justice ....
I did not really want a bling guitar the Blueridge covers that lol but rather put the added cost to quality of sound don't get me wrong believe me the arm bevel and sound hole are upgrades lol but functional ones !

Ben snucked in the long scale as I just don't recall discussing it which shows he listened to my music and remembered my open tuning preferences.

The look we both wanted ( though ben lead the way ) was basic with I am a professional guitar and mean business. I think that look has been achieved ! My stealth baby lol

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Super crisp and powerful. And you got the very first asymmetrical cutaway. You can tell the luthier himself really likes it.

Boom! I believe your instrumental ponderings and creations are a perfect fit for this guitar. Ben is quite a player too. Can really dig into that guitar. That guitar can crush bluegrass too sounds like. Quite a full spectrum of tonal possibilities it seems to be ready for.

Congrats Ray. Looking forward to the songs already.

Last edited:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Super crisp and powerful. And you got the very first asymmetrical cutaway. You can tell the luthier himself really likes it.

Boom! I believe your instrumental ponderings and creations are a perfect fit for this guitar. Ben is quite a player too. Can really dig into that guitar. That guitar can crush bluegrass too sounds like. Quite a full spectrum of tonal possibilities it seems to be ready for.

Congrats Ray. Looking forward to the songs already.

Thanks Westerly :)
The one thing that gave Lucky strike its name was it's amazing rarity of strength!
Ben had no idea about the Lucky strike and told me it's all hype and he has some great Redwood in stock he also said you can't get it . I found it asked him to check it out at least then let me know when he got it all he said was WOW! rest is history lol

LS Redwood set a standard in the industry in tonality and headroom and is ranked up there with Sitka spruce .
Ben acknowledged that on his own or he researched the info . You can't beat the awesome sweetness of Cedar or Sequoia which she is along with the headroom to blow your doors off lol
He also had some uniquely strong and light Redwood that he used for the bracing also as strong as Sitka but lighter . I had to question the bracing when I veiwed the bracing pics he sent , it was not spruce which I expected so I had to ask .
Very pleased with the results .😁

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I got her ! She's pretty ;)

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Wow! Great sound and looks! Congratulations to finally get it in your hands!

walrus

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
If that guitar sounds that good immediately after its birth, I can only imagine what its going to sound like some years down the road when it has been well and truly played-in.

Congrats on a fine, fine looking and sounding instrument.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Wonderful ! Lol

Thanks guys , It will be interesting see how she blossoms . Cedar usually opens up fairly fast but being Lucky strike Redwood that's more like Sitka guess it take awhile , maybe ? Lol

As of right now she sings and her sustain is crazy good !

Ben attention to detail is unbelievable the lines, the wood inlays , the fret board levelness , the frets , finish my gosh this is on a level I've not seen before . She's beautiful !

I need a few days to get things in order maybe try a vid and new song in my simple style that will reflect her tone and sustain . Never really done a good vid before so shooting and recording might take time to work out .

She came with a nice TKL case with a combo lock and a nice padded handle , never had one of those before it's nice ! Lol it's the little things .