What's a Good Price For My D-17?

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here. I have a Guild D-17m, apparently 1986 as per the serial number. As per an old price list, it sold for $599 new back then. It was given to me in the 90s. Some nicks, scratches and scuffing but in good playing shape. No original hard shell, but I have a good Washburn hard shell case that fits it well. I have some photos, but not hosted so can't post them yet. Maybe will figure that out later.

I'm thinking about selling or trading and don't know where to begin as a fair price. Thoughts?

Matt

Neal

Reaction score
Pretty much for what it sold for brand new, perhaps a bit more, depending on condition. It is basically a D-15 (all mahogany, with an arched back), but with nicer appointments.

You can upload photos to a hosting site such as Photobucket, then copy and paste the URL for each photo into the little "tree" icon on the LTG toolbar.

Reaction score
Other links I used for the photos didn't work, so maybe this will:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/149828677@N03/33335144253/in/dateposted-public/

I should admit that I've generally been sort of clueless as to valuing my guitars through the years. I just study, practice and play. I don't always have a good sense as to whether an instrument increases, decreases or stays about the same in value. I sort of think of the term "vintage" as applying only to instruments from the 50s (maybe 60s) or earlier. And I've never owned anything like that, with the exception of a '66 Fender Deluxe amp that was stolen many years ago.

So responses from you guys more in the know are very helpful and much appreciated.

Last edited: