New Record for Hans' Book?

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Damn, Hans! Maybe you should raise the cover price!

https://www.amazon.com/Guild-Guitar-Book-Hans-Moust/dp/0634009664 (as of April 16, 2017)

GuildBookPrice.png

And the two that are in stock (two different stores!) are only in "good" and "acceptable" condition! When the next one comes out I'm going to buy 1000 of them so I can retire when they go out of print.

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
GAD, don't buy it for $4,567...I can get you one for $4,250! message me!

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm willing to trade my excellent condition copy for any Artist Award. :barbershop_quartet_

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hans you may want to unleash a few more of the original Guild Guitar Book out into the wild before publishing Volume 2! Cash in brother!!!

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
...and who's the guy who didn't give it five stars??!

walrus

gilded

Reaction score
Skyrocketing prices!

What's the Most you would pay for a Moust? Is it second mortgage on the house time?

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score

does anyone on this forum even have a Guild guitar worth $6,800? although I suppose there are some pretty nice photos in the book...not sure what it would it would take to peel mine away from me. It was a gift actually, and a very special one (obviously). $6,800 would be nice, but i'd still have to go to work every day, and would be without the book, and my gift...

2-3 million though, I could retire, go travel to the Netherlands and stalk Hans for another copy. A scenario like that, I might be more open to.

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
A minty, "looks like it has been in the case since delivered from the factory" F-612?

I guess man. maybe that or the Merle Travis, or a really clean Thunderbird. Any of those with just a little play time though, and $6,800 is probably high.

Realistically, if I didn't already have Hans' book, and really wanted one...$200-$300 mint or brand new, if out of print and out of stock...i'd feel lucky to have one at all, at that price.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I guess man. maybe that or the Merle Travis, or a really clean Thunderbird. Any of those with just a little play time though, and $6,800 is probably high.

Realistically, if I didn't already have Hans' book, and really wanted one...$200-$300 mint or brand new, if out of print and out of stock...i'd feel lucky to have one at all, at that price.

Personally I think printed paper will always have better image quality than a digital version (unless the particular book was designed with high-res digital images), but it should be readily available as a Kindle book.
Never have figured out what's up with these ridiculously highly priced items on the web but I'm sure there's "something else going on" with those listings.
Might simply be bait to get your ip address for pop-up ads for related stuff?

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Includes airfare, accommodations, and a personal inspection of your Guild collection.

That would be sort of cool, though I couldn't help feeling somehow inadequate.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
I am amused that our knee jerk response to an outrageously high price for a guitar always includes some reference to the difference between asking for a price and a transaction actually occurring at that price, yet no one has made that comment yet. Let's pretend that I did :) I note with some sadness that Hans has already been paid for this copy of the book so the proceeds of the sale will not benefit him directly. Indirectly he might be inspired to find a box in the shed and release a few copies to the market or use the price to negotiate a third printing but like us, he is just on the sidelines watching.

I'm not sure what to make of it. I have heard stories about books that sold for $5000 but the buyers are always much richer than I am. I suspect this may be a joke or a marketing ploy. If someone sees the price and checks out what else is on the shop or makes a lowball offer of $500, I suspect the listing has done its job.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I think these prices are set by an algorithm and someone is asleep at the switch.

Interesting data points: today it's up to $6823.04.

In the first power there were two available, now there is only one.

Be careful if you have 1-click ordering enabled. :highly_amused: