Hey, Mr. davismanlv have you seen any blue lately....

rampside

Reaction score
Guild Total
Been seeing a lot of promo on the tube lately, involving a Blue Guild and some guy with the initials BG, for a special show to be aired on Sunday.

Please excuse me if this has been mentioned here already.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Been seeing a lot of promo on the tube lately, involving a Blue Guild and some guy with the initials BG, for a special show to be aired on Sunday.
Please excuse me if this has been mentioned here already.
I never realized that they both had the same initials, before.
I wonder if they planned it that way?

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
You can catch clips on youtube, since it was filmed in February. Looks like a cool show, at least when he pulls out the blue Guild!

walrus

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Saw the promo this evening with old Mr Gibb playing his signature Blue Metallic Songbird, That was pretty cool! I wonder if his X350/X375 will make an appearance? He plays that one on a few of the 70's/80's "Midnight Special" shows they did that I have on DVD.

TX

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
What the HELL are y'all talking about? Barry Gibb obviously .... something with his blue Guild? Something new? Links? Anything? Sunday is a good day for me for blue guitars, just so you know....... ;-)

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
What the HELL are y'all talking about? Barry Gibb obviously .... something with his blue Guild? Something new? Links? Anything? Sunday is a good day for me for blue guitars, just so you know....... ;-)

I believe it is a Grammy Special on Sunday Night called "Staying Alive" Celebrating the music of the Bee Gees. They have several guests lined up with of course John Travolta being one of them. I think it is on CBS but not for sure. Barry Gibb is playing for part of the celebration and it apparently was recorded in February. In the promo that has been airing on TV Barry Gibb is playing his signature model Guild Songbird in Metallic Blue front and center. Pretty cool to see him still rocking after all these years. Hope this helps Davisman!

TX

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
That helps a LOT, TX!! Thanks!! You have to realize I don't watch news, network or otherwise, and only turn on TV for say Star Trek or Netflix. Otherwise my face is buried in a book. Or drinking or playing guitar. Sometimes both. That's a multitask I can handle..... :saturn:

70man

Reaction score
Just seen Barry Gibb playing his blue Guild on an Easter performance in England.The funny thing I noticed was his eldest Son playing lead and on a Gib Son of all things...............now there is some words play there for sure.