Today's Score

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Hah, I missed out on model cars apart from a late '50s 'Vette my dad inisisted I put together. Despite being a Chrysler guy he though the original 'Vette was visually a gorgeous car. Instead I built Saturn Vs and other Apollo-era spacecraft. I especially remember being proud of my gold foil work on a lunar lander model. :)

-Dave-

Oh yeah, by the time I was 10 I had one of these:
scarcgemini01.jpg

I actually wasn't that much into cars as a kid either, was more into the military models.
Especially the uber-cool ones:
155519-10571-pristine.jpg

s-l300.jpg

51z4Wa95HlL._SX355_.jpg

What'd you build, GAD?
(Here's your chance to get back on topic, too, :biggrin-new:)

Last edited:

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
nice score, GAD. You have really been on a hot streak. that one is nice!!

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Oh yeah, by the time I was 10 I had one of these:
scarcgemini01.jpg

I actually wasn't that much into cars as a kid either, was more into the military models.
Especially the uber-cool ones:
155519-10571-pristine.jpg

s-l300.jpg

51z4Wa95HlL._SX355_.jpg

What'd you build, GAD?
(Here's your chance to get back on topic, too, :biggrin-new:)

I definitely built that Klingon battle cruiser! Star Trek models made me learn to hate AMT models and greatly prefer Revell.

I built anything Star Trek or space related. I built a few cars, but my favorite was planes. F15, F16, WWII planes, etc. I love to work with my hands, and this is probably a big reason why. I can still smell the glue. :barbershop_quartet_

In High School I was in love with a girl who loved Corvettes so I built her a 1:16 scale '63 split-window fastback. It was my masterpiece. Last I heard she still had it because it was that good.

At some point I tried my hands at building model rockets but started with a 3-stage Saturn V that had three or four engines in the first stage. I built it but it was so pretty that I never had the heart to fire it up.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Back to the guitar, this quick and dirty shot should give you an idea about the height of the arm. It's actually a geometry issue - the tip of the arm is the same hight as it is on my Jackson, but the shape of the arm is very different not to mention the fact that the Floyd Rose is weirdly high.

5D3_0185_1600.jpg

For comparison, here's one of my favorite guitars of all time - a Jackson SL2H from Sam Ash (special run):

5D3_0187_1600.jpg

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
So, check this out. I did some math (I have a cold, so that really hurt) and there are 54 different ways to configure the switches on this guitar. 54!

Now, to be fair, one of the switches is the boost, so that's really only 27 times two. Good thing, too, since 27 is so manageable! :friendly_wink:

I gotta tell ya, this guitar sounds really really good to me.

I'm waiting for confirmation since the pickups aren't well marked, but it appears as though the neck and middle pickups are actually humbuckers but they're humbuckers that sound like Strat pickups. I need to A/B it with my Strat, but I'm kind of shocked at how good these Bartolinis sound.

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
I think I still have a rectangular can of model plane fuel from c. 1970 if that counts for anything. ;)

(Sorry for the temporary re-veer.)

-Dave-

sfIII

Reaction score
Guild Total
Question for Grot, Does yours have the same case? GAD asked and I didn't know if the tweed case was original.

Last edited:

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Question for Grot, Does yours have the same case? GAD asked and I didn't know if the tweed case was original.

Well it's been a while since I've seen it but I believe my case is the standard for the time dark brown rectangular case with the white piping.

It's on the table somewhere!

007.jpg

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Ever wonder what my nice orderly circuit diagrams look like before I make them nice and orderly?

Here are my notes on the wiring of the Liberator Elite.

GuildLiberatorEliteWiringHandDrawn-1600.jpg

dbirchett

Reaction score
Love the guitar, hate the vibrato. Give me Leo's original any day.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total