Really Cool Riff on a JF-100 NT CRV

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Nice link! He makes that sing!

There are a few links of him with a D-100 also.

walrus

Neal

Reaction score
For the record, Rich takes his JF-100 out on Mondays to play in a bar, with people drinking and moving about. I hold my breath when he removes it from the protection of its case...

Rich Cohen

Reaction score
Hey, Neal, we missed you last Monday! I sang a new song I wrote called "Defenestration Blues." Played it on my F-212xl. No need for amplification! That axe rocks.

tommym

Reaction score
Hey, Tommy. I'm curious why your Guild collection is comprised of 4 F-30s?

Hi Rich,

I grew up on the early 70's F-30's and always had one of them tuned down to a lower alternate tuning and just left it there. It was much easier than re-tuning back and forth and farting around with the truss rod.

I picked up the two New Hartford F-30 Standards with the wider necks / nuts to alleviate finger / shoulder joint pains I have started to develop over the past few years. It works to some degree, but at times the wider neck / nuts creates a different set of issues as I move up the neck.

I also have my Guild F44 which seems to fill the gap between the two and is a good middle ground. That was a surprise to me as my F44 was the closet Queen for a couple of decades. I bought it on my friends advise, but never really bonded with the guitar until the past year or so. I was thinking about culling my guitar collection and the F44 had a BIG bulls-eye on it as the first to go. But in playing the F44 for a couple of months in lieu of any of the F-30's, I found the F44 was a better fit for where I am now in my life. Who knew......

Tommy

Last edited:

Rich Cohen

Reaction score
Thanks Tommy for the extra stuff...didn't know you had a F-44. Cool! I go back and forth between my four Guilds, each time it's a renewing experience. You gotta know when to put one down and take one up. I'm not knowledgeable on the differences between all of the various Guild models, such as the F-30, so you've enlightened me. Thanks! The LTG website is so great....I learn something every day.

tommym

Reaction score
Thanks Tommy for the extra stuff...didn't know you had a F-44. Cool! I go back and forth between my four Guilds, each time it's a renewing experience. You gotta know when to put one down and take one up. I'm not knowledgeable on the differences between all of the various Guild models, such as the F-30, so you've enlightened me. Thanks! The LTG website is so great....I learn something every day.

Just so you know.....The F30 "Aragon" from New Hartford was the higher end model and retained the more traditional (for the F-30's) 1 11/16" nut and 2 1/8" string spacing at the bridge, and was only available with mahogany back and sides. The F-30 and F-30R "Standards" had a slightly wider 1 3/4" nut and 2 5/32" string spacing at the bridge. Doesn't sound like much of a difference, but to me (at 5'-7" with small hands) the feel is very noticeable.

Tommy

tommym

Reaction score
I go back and forth between my four Guilds, each time it's a renewing experience. You gotta know when to put one down and take one up.

That's exactly why I have such a hard time letting go of my Guild guitars. But sooner or later, I'll have to make some tough decisions, so I can move forward.

Tommy