NGD: '59 M65 DP, any others out there?

Reaction score
Hi all, vintage Guild fan here, just joined forum and was wondering if anyone else had one of these rare birds. I know they made a few dual pickup M65's and Keith Richards used a modified M65 (with bridge pickup added) in the mid sixties, but I had never seen one in person. I'm pretty smitten with this one! Anyone else have a DP?

IMG_4296.jpg

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hi all, vintage Guild fan here, just joined forum and was wondering if anyone else had one of these rare birds. I'm pretty smitten with this one! Anyone else have a DP?

Hello SIM,

Welcome! I've seen a few over the years and I actually have one myself. Mine is from 1958 and it has a sunburst finish. Can you tell me what's the complete model designation that's written on the label of yours? I would think your guitar is somewhere in the 10000/11000 serial number range, right?

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I am smitten with your guitar, too, Sunny! A beauty!

walrus

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I bet it's hard for Sunny to get blue playing that. Welcome Mark and, nice!

Reaction score
Hello SIM,

Welcome! I've seen a few over the years and I actually have one myself. Mine is from 1958 and it has a sunburst finish. Can you tell me what's the complete model designation that's written on the label of yours? I would think your guitar is somewhere in the 10000/11000 serial number range, right?

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

Hi Hans- yes you are exactly right about the SN...105XX. The label is a ghost version, but I'm afraid that the fading ink of '59 has left it impossible to read. I can barely make out a bit of an indentation in the label but that's about all. The binding has shrunken in a few places but otherwise it sets up, plays, and sounds wonderful! Original case too.

jedzep

Reaction score
Just awesome! May I ask where you found it?

It almost makes me consider modifying mine. My T100 turned out so well.
000_0034_zpspqrnfutj.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
That's sweet, SIMark. It's even cooler that it's an older example with Franz PUs. Yours is the first I think I've ever seen from this era. I've always wanted one, and I'm always on the lookout, but they're super rare.

Welcome to the LTG!

Reaction score
That's sweet, SIMark. It's even cooler that it's an older example with Franz PUs. Yours is the first I think I've ever seen from this era. I've always wanted one, and I'm always on the lookout, but they're super rare.

Welcome to the LTG!

Thanks JP! I do love the Franz PUs...nothing quite like them.
IMG_4342.jpg