Old JS-II tapered tail peg hole

mmmalmberg

Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know whether the tapered strap pegs for 70's Guild basses were of different sizes? I have a peg and a hole but the hole is too big for the peg. I can hear the peanut gallery already...

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
oh man u are asking for it for sure...sounds like a problem indeed bwahaha

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
OK, look:
Don't know if there were different sizes, but worst case couldn't you just plug it with some good wood and drill it again?
There's ways of gauging what the proper taper and length should be.
:hopelessness:

Last edited:

mmmalmberg

Reaction score
OK, look:
Don't know if there were different sizes, but worst case couldn't you just plug it with some good wood and drill it again?
There's ways of gauging what the proper taper and length should be.
:hopelessness:

Yeah worst comes to worst I can solve it with something like that. I'm trying to find the correct stock part if I can. Else I'll make a tapered hardwood plug to fit well and screw something into that. Thanks:)

mmmalmberg

Reaction score
Would still like to know if there's more than one size, appears to be fairly little information out there about it. I'm sure there's a Guild guru somewhere out there with the answer:)

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Would still like to know if there's more than one size, appears to be fairly little information out there about it. I'm sure there's a Guild guru somewhere out there with the answer:)
I'd ask Hans directly via his webpage (his preference, his mailbox here fills up all the time):
http://www.guitarchives.nl/guitarsgalore/
But, my takeaway from his post in your "Jetstar II project" thread where he posted about using a drop of modeling cement to secure it, is that if there were different sizes he would have mentioned it there as a precautionary note.
But maybe not, if he didn't think it was relevant enough to that question.
Just my impression from reading his posts over the years, he typically stays right on topic.

mmmalmberg

Reaction score
I'd ask Hans directly via his webpage (his preference, his mailbox here fills up all the time):
http://www.guitarchives.nl/guitarsgalore/
But, my takeaway from his post in your "Jetstar II project" thread where he posted about using a drop of modeling cement to secure it, is that if there were different sizes he would have mentioned it there as a precautionary note.
But maybe not, if he didn't think it was relevant enough to that question.
Just my impression from reading his posts over the years, he typically stays right on topic.

Thanks for the suggestion, will do!

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
frank_zappa.jpg

Shhhhh.
Uncle Meat is watching you.

http://images.45worlds.com/f/cd/frank-zappa-uncle-meat-13-cd.jpg