Ngd: S60

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
After being turned down for my $800 bid on the very nice cherry S60 on Reverb (listed for almost $1200), I scored this on eBay for $500. No one seemed to be touching it possibly because of the less than great pics, the terrible description, and the fact that it's a lowly S60. It had also been abused by someone drilling a new hole so they could mount a Classic '57 in place of the HB1 (grrr). The HB1 which was in the case with the original springs and was absolutely mint as is most of the hardware on this guitar.

The original ad said that it was "stained red" and that some of it had worn off. There is slight wear but nothing terrible. The seller also made a point of adding that the original knobs were not included, but having owned one I knew that these were the original knobs.

I took a chance and was rewarded with this beauty. I quickly restored the HB1 to its proper place and now it's resting comfortably on the casting couch.

Guild-1977-S60-Couch2.jpg

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thanks all. I'm digging this one.

I laugh at myself every time I reach for the selector switch, though.

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I laugh at myself every time I reach for the selector switch, though.
Wanna laugh even more?.... after reading your post I went to the pic and was looking everywhere for a switch. :hopelessness:

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
Great catch!

"Replacing that weird looking Guild pickup with a Generibucker will be an upgrade. Let's do it!"

-Dave-

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Wanna laugh even more?.... after reading your post I went to the pic and was looking everywhere for a switch. :hopelessness:

LOL

Oh, I get it now.... LOL!! Congrats, amigo! What a score!! :encouragement:

:joyous: Thanks!

Great catch!

"Replacing that weird looking Guild pickup with a Generibucker will be an upgrade. Let's do it!"

"Generibucker" is the perfect way to describe how it sounded, too. I don't get it. I guess some people don't like the chime. This guitar is SO much more expressive with an HB1 in it. They took away the character AND drilled an ugly chipped hole in the impossible to replace pick guard to boot. Good job!

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score

matsickma

Reaction score
Pickguard Heaven makes a pickguard for a S60 with single Guild Humbucker for $39 to $78 depending on material selected.
M