(soon to be) NGD, '64 Jetstar

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I am certianly no Hans but can tell you the 60's Jetstar pickup is the Guild "frequency tested" single coil that was also used on the Polara, X-50, and other Guilds. there is a Dearmond pickup that looks very very close, basically identical to this one, but it is very rare (or at least rare on Guilds) and I belive from a few years prior. both pickups are documented in Hans' book. I have 2 jetstars (formery 3) those pickups sound fierce!

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
BTW... I see thus thread often says the "soap bar" pickup was a DeArmond. I recall years ago Hans clarified that it was actually a Guild pickup and not made by DeArmond. I don't think it was stated in the "Guild Bible" but I recall Hans making that point years ago.

Call out to Hans...can you comment on the design and manufacturer of the "soap bar" single coil pickup?

Actually, I did mention it in the first alinea on page 32 of 'The Guild Guitar Book'. It was made by Todd Electronics, also referred to as Todd Electric Co.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

jeffcoop

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Very nice! I've been hoping to stumble onto a deal for one of these myself, to add a birth-year electric to my F20 and F30.