First Guild - 66' CE-100D

Flim Flam Man

Reaction score
I've been looking for awhile for a 60's era Starfire, preferably a II or III. I recently saw this pop up, a 1966 CE-100D w/OHSC for less than what the new re-issues are going for. I had never played a Guild before and have been playing for about 10 years. I am very impressed with this guitars construction, appearance and tone after owning it for a few days, although I'm no Jazzer, playing mostly dirty blues and some lo-fi rock on her.

I have to say, I think I've been hooked and already looking for another Guild score.

Here are a couple of pictures:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Great first post - beautiful guitar! Welcome!

walrus

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I would think those pickups should be able to get some Jazz tones, plugged into a nice clean channel amp.

Flim Flam Man

Reaction score
I would think those pickups should be able to get some Jazz tones, plugged into a nice clean channel amp.

Yes, I'm sure this guitar is more than capable of producing some lush jazz tones, it's just that I don't have the chops to pull that off :laughing:

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I have to say, I think I've been hooked and already looking for another Guild score.

Sounds like you'll fit right in. Plenty good samaritans here, always willing and ready to help you spend your money on Guilds.
Nice catch! congrats, welcome, and enjoy the HB1 magic on that gorgeous vintage Guild!

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Sounds like you'll fit right in. Plenty good samaritans here, always willing and ready to help you spend your money on Guilds.
Nice catch! congrats, welcome, and enjoy the HB1 magic on that gorgeous vintage Guild!

I believe those are the "mini" Anti-Hum 'Buckers.

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I believe those are the "mini" Anti-Hum 'Buckers.
You're right, they look like the minis alright, and the "60's era" reference confirms it, thanks Kurt. (I still put them in the HB1 family tho cuz it seems we never managed to find out what their "official" factory name was and they share the same cover look...)

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Very nice, congratulations. Those 60's Capris are a steal usually, a LOT of guitar for the prices they tend to go for.

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome to LTG Flim Flam Man!

The 60s CE-100 was also my gateway into Guilds. They're really great guitars that are still undiscovered vintage gems for the price.

12 string

Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome aboard, Mordecai!

' Strang

Flim Flam Man

Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Mordecai!

' Strang

LoL! Alright somebody who knows about Mordecai C. Jones's exploits! Flim Flam Man is one of my all time favorite movies, I had just watched it again recently and it was on my brain when I had to come up with a user name.

My favorite Mordecai quote: "Only cheat the cheaters, boy - you can't cheat an honest man!"