Guild Blues 90 style updates!

Hobbesickles

Reaction score
Guild Total
I've had my Blues 90 for about two and half years now and I've really warmed up to this guitar during that time. I've been wanting to change the control knobs as I dislike the factory knobs that Guild put on the guitar. I finally went ahead and ordered a set of Fender white amp knobs last week along with a set of ivory tuner tips that I have had my eye on for some time. I got the parts yesterday and quickly put them on. I have to say I really like the new look and the changes are easily reversible. I'll let the pics do the rest of the talking!

sqM4bXz.jpg

Z6AWOdy.jpg

erlmQB3.jpg

kXTHu2z.jpg

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I like it! The tuners match the pup covers nicely!

I replaced the knobs on my Bluesbird with Gibson bell knobs...

walrus

Hobbesickles

Reaction score
Guild Total
I like it! The tuners match the pup covers nicely!

I replaced the knobs on my Bluesbird with Gibson bell knobs...

walrus

The tuner knobs are nearly a dead match to the pup covers. I was hoping the control knobs would have slightly more of a yellow hue to them, but maybe that will happen with time.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
The tuner knobs are nearly a dead match to the pup covers. I was hoping the control knobs would have slightly more of a yellow hue to them, but maybe that will happen with time.

Wonder if a little UV exposure might accelerate the process?
Not sure if a modern plastic lie a PVC(if that's what they are) will actually do that, though.
Ahhh, quick google check seems to confirm that it will:
https://www.polymersolutions.com/blog/what-makes-plastic-turn-yellow/

Last edited:

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Looks Great Hobbesickles! I remember when you got that guitar. That was a great deal.

TX

DThomasC

Reaction score
It looks great! I don't like the gold / clear Guild knobs either. The replacement pickups in my Blues90 came with black covers. I need to get a set of black knobs like yours.Are they available in black?

Hobbesickles

Reaction score
Guild Total
It looks great! I don't like the gold / clear Guild knobs either. The replacement pickups in my Blues90 came with black covers. I need to get a set of black knobs like yours.Are they available in black?

I didn't see any in black when I was searching but I wasn't really keeping my eyes open for them either. I did see brown though!

http://rvrb.io/2016-knob-wy6 Here is a listing for the ones I got in brown on Reverb...

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
....I finally went ahead and ordered a set of Fender white amp knobs last week along with a set of ivory tuner tips that I have had my eye on for some time.

Yow, that looks fine! Especially love the tuner knobs.

It's a period piece! :applouse:

But jeez, Hobbes, you had me going there for a sec with the "ivory tuner tips," wondering whether here's someone else who added a little bling to the tip of their tuning posts. But alas, you meant the knobs, not the posts.... The F50R I picked up happened to have these emeralds....

f50r562.jpg

Hobbesickles

Reaction score
Guild Total
It's a period piece! :applouse:

But jeez, Hobbes, you had me going there for a sec with the "ivory tuner tips," wondering whether here's someone else who added a little bling to the tip of their tuning posts. But alas, you meant the knobs, not the posts.... The F50R I picked up happened to have these emeralds....

Now those are some fancy tuners! You're right, I meant tuner knobs.

Hobbesickles

Reaction score
Guild Total
I am adding a few more pics in much better lighting as a few people are interested in doing this to their guitars.

VBu9Ax4.jpg

5ym0pg2.jpg

P2Wk7el.jpg

bzf86Ej.jpg