Plastic headstock veneers - dates?

idealassets

Reaction score
In my retirement I've found I like weekdays best. Especially Mondays & Tuesdays. I can get to all the places I want/need to go with less mid-day traffic hassle, and my fav coffee houses (like the one I'm in now) are less crowded so my fav seating spots are usually open.

-Dave-
Dave,
About where are you in MI? I am finding that no matter what time I plan to do something in northern MI there is an army of retired folks going there then, and also an army of working folks going there to fill in all the other times. The only let up in the action is about 2 PM on weekdays.

idealassets

Reaction score
Not if you want to be showered and shaved in time to take advantage of that 2:00 break in the action.
Oh no, folks are reading all this.

I really do miss my old start time of 6 AM at the office in downtown Chicago. This was perfect, since I would pull into the secure parking lot about 5:45 AM, then leave at 2:30 PM. This was exactly inverse to the normal direction of traffic, and even Chicago had a break in the action at about 2-3 PM.

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
Dave,
About where are you in MI? I am finding that no matter what time I plan to do something in northern MI there is an army of retired folks going there then, and also an army of working folks going there to fill in all the other times. The only let up in the action is about 2 PM on weekdays.

I'm a bit west of Detroit, in the midst of lotsa different communities. By experience I know when my fav shops & spots are "open" and when it's best to go elsewhere. The spot I'm in now is very quiet, but three hours from now it'll be hard to find a place to park here much less a place to sit once inside.

-Dave-

idealassets

Reaction score
I'm a bit west of Detroit, in the midst of lotsa different communities. By experience I know when my fav shops & spots are "open" and when it's best to go elsewhere. The spot I'm in now is very quiet, but three hours from now it'll be hard to find a place to park here much less a place to sit once inside.

-Dave-
Dave,
Yes the Detroit area. I do miss it after living there for a few years in the 1970's. Then I lived in Ann Arbor in 2006 & 2007, which of course is just west of "west Detroit". Even today I like some of the music shops around there. Additionally there is no lack of great eating places. I have one relative in Wayne, and always have a place to stay, although I don't get there as often as I could..

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
I do miss it after living there for a few years in the 1970's. Then I lived in Ann Arbor in 2006 & 2007, which of course is just west of "west Detroit". Even today I like some of the music shops around there.

Yep, A2 is close by. I went to college there, and my biz was located there in the '90s & 2000s too, so I know it well. One of my fav smaller guitar shops for awhile, Herb David, is now closed as are most of the old-time record/CD shops. There are some newer ones, though. There's a great new-ish bookstore, Literati, picking up some of the slack left by Borders. All the fine food you can eat, as always. :) Fine music venues as well.

Neal, I used to bicycle to work in my Bay Area (Cali) days. Not a good option in urban Michigan…this is Car Country.

-Dave-

idealassets

Reaction score
Yep, A2 is close by. I went to college there, and my biz was located there in the '90s & 2000s too, so I know it well. One of my fav smaller guitar shops for awhile, Herb David, is now closed as are most of the old-time record/CD shops. There are some newer ones, though. There's a great new-ish bookstore, Literati, picking up some of the slack left by Borders. All the fine food you can eat, as always. :) Fine music venues as well.

Gary Quackenbush and some version of SRC was making the rounds in A2 the last I heard. I think the Ark is still open. A2 is one metropolis that I miss from that area. Our little town has a new vinyl only record store "Radio Wasteland Records" that surprisingly is doing quite well, in addition to every nearby town also has a used album store.