Anyone familiar with Thalia Capos?

F312

Reaction score
One of the things I like about the Shubb is it's thin and easy to make a B7 chord than other capos I have used. The Thalia capo is rather thick.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I feel so cheap. I have two Planet Waves capos...

walrus

Reaction score
OK...this just in...
This thread had me thinking about capos...and didn't I have a broken one around here somewhere?
Yeah...I had a broken Johnny Cash Dunlop capo..it broke like the second time I used it a year ago. I had contacted Dunlop about it, and never heard back...and just put it on the shelf and forgot about it (because I have so many others)....until THIS thread came up.

So, the other day, I sent another email, and stated I had never heard back, and the same day "Natalie" from Dunlop emailed back and said replacements were on the way! ...and viola!...3 new capos arrived in the mail today! A Johnny Cash black one, a brass regular one, and one that can raise the action for slide! All three...for free! Now THAT'S customer service!!!
And I've been playing them all day and they work just fine! (well, except for the slide one...the g/f is the slide player...she'll tell me how it works out!)

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I've got a Shubb and a G7th capo. Technically, the G7th is for my 12 string, but it works on my nylon guitar and works well enough on my 6 strings too. I like it because it is the thinnest one I have found. 7th fret capo for some songs needs something to stay out of my way. Like with a B7 chord.

I haven't tried the Thalia capo. Nice and fancy. Almost donated to the Kick Starter , but didn't.

crank

Reaction score
Second guitarist in my county band just got one. It looks big and heavy. I asked him if it worked better than his old capo. "No it doesn't" was all he said.