Tuners for ageing T-50?

Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first post here.
I have two ageing Guilds - a beat-up '75 F-30 that sings sweetly, and I recently picked up a well-played '64 T-50 that I like a lot - it really only has one sound, but I love the transparent clarity of that pickup.

Anyway, the tuning machines on the T-50 are quite worn - lots of slack and the guitar doesn't hold pitch too well, and one of the buttons is bent and threatening to break off - so I'd like to replace them.

I've never seen tuners quite like these before. Can anyone tell me what they are?
And more importantly, can I still buy them, or a same-sized equivalent?

GuildT50-tuners_zpskovi7nkr.jpg

64GuildT50_zpsqeo8yltc.jpg

GuildFS4612CE

Reaction score
That's a question for Hans Moust our resident Guild expert...if he doesn't see this, you can email him at his website. He literally wrote the book on Guilds.

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
Those tuners look like basic 3-on-a-plate types. They should be interchangeable with modern types like Gotoh's Kluson replicas or Stew-Mac's Golden Age open backs. If you measure the overall dimensions, the post & bushing diameters and the mounting screw spacing you should be able to find a set that'll fit. Have a look at stewmac.com or AllParts.

-Dave-

Reaction score
Those tuners look like basic 3-on-a-plate types. They should be interchangeable with modern types like Gotoh's Kluson replicas or Stew-Mac's Golden Age open backs. If you measure the overall dimensions, the post & bushing diameters and the mounting screw spacing you should be able to find a set that'll fit. Have a look at stewmac.com or AllParts.

-Dave-

Thanks Dave,
Yes you're right - I can probably find generic replacements that work fine. It's just that I like the slightly quirky styling of these old ones and would love to find replacements the same - but that's looking like a futile search at this stage.