NS Thunderbird Colors and Pickguards

matsickma

Reaction score
So as I look at the new Thunderbird ST models I would really like one with the Franz "P90's". Aesthetically I just can't handle the blue body with a tortoise pickguard. I think white body with tortoise pickguard is cool, transparent red with tortoise or black pickguard is cool, blue body with black pickguard is cool. So what am I missing in regards to blue body with tortoise pickguard. I just can't handle that combination.
Anyone else feel this way?

M

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
Agreed. If I were to get a blue T-bird I'd probably have the Pickguardian guy make me a white guard.

-Dave-

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Agreed, the blue is not ugly per se, but the tortoise guard is not a good combination.

I wish they did the standard T-Bird with the whammy in white. I'd be very tempted to get one if they did.

DrumBob

Reaction score
The blue with tortoise guard is butt ugly, IMO. It needs a BWB guard. I have to question decisions like this on the part of Cordoba.

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Ah dang, I guess all the rumors are true. I truly have no taste when it comes to what makes a guitar cool lookin'. I was just playing my Pelham Blue T-Bird with tortoise pickguard today and was thinkin' how cool it looked. Oh well........................

matsickma

Reaction score
Well maybe in person it sells itself better. Maybe next year additional color combinations will work for me.

M

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
White/black color combos are my favorites. IMO my black T-bird would look even better with a big white guard. Just put a WBW LP-style guard on a black Greco LP copy too…looks fab!

Then there's this, the Jenn Wasner model from Reverend. Optic Interruption, it's called. I picked one up a few months ago…very nice instrument.

7EDDF2E8-FB04-4E59-BC30-30CC4B584FCD_zpsupkyej22.jpg

-Dave-

Last edited:

trimbo

Reaction score
It might look good with a mint green guard. I had a sonic blue jazzmaster with a mint one that looked great. Grew a beard and it all felt a bit hipster though so I swapped it.