Website needs SSL

Sitedrifter

Reaction score
Microsoft browsers always seem fast because they are sloppy and do not adhere to html or html5 standards. Every MS browser since 1.0 will render a page as html if it is missing important tags like <body>
MS thinks it is smart but in reality it allows webpage developers to be very sloppy because if it works in a MS browser it should be good since MS USED to have market share and developers are still programming like MS still has market share. SSL is great since it stops man in the middle sniffing however, SSL/TLS or any other encrypted mechanism is worthless when people use lame passwords especially using plain words like, "best-friend" instead of Qw020)&^87%K490f_+ as an example of a good password. But on the other hand, when using a great password it does not feel good to press submit when a site does not use SSL.

steve488

Reaction score
Guild Total
#1 I have to agree some with Sitedrifter in that MS does not always follow the "rules". 11 years working for a MS "Developer) status company proved that. What they say and what they do are not always the same.

#2 - I run a Firefox beta version and have for years. It covers almost all of any activity I have with no issues and I have seen none of the reported flags some of you have. Chrome works fine for the other oddments as needed. a MS browser only comes into play if I find both of the others are seeing issues and I use the MS version to see if a "loose" browser (to quote Sitedrifter) can access..... for the record it has not happened yet.

In the mean time ... I have a song to learn.....and music to enjoy

Sitedrifter

Reaction score
https://blog.mozilla.org/security/2017/01/20/communicating-the-dangers-of-non-secure-http/

And if anyone wants to disable the warning in firefox (not recommended) follow this

To disable this notification:

• Open Firefox.
  • In the address bar type the following command:
  • about:config.
  • Click on the "I'll be careful, I promise..." button.
  • In the Filter field type:security. warn_entering_secure.
  • Double-click on this entry and set its value to False.
  • Close the about:config window and restart Firefox.

Last edited:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Sounds like much more fun.....
Pardon my ignorance, but what is a "beta version" of Firefox?

A "beta" version of any program is generally an initial and not-finalized testing platform.
Usually made available to developers to create programs that will be compatible with it, and to identify bugs that need fixing.

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
A "beta" version of any program is generally an initial and not-finalized testing platform.
Usually made available to developers to create programs that will be compatible with it, and to identify bugs that need fixing.

Ahhhhh... Thank you Al! I thought my question was so stupid that no one would dare touch it for a second....