Guild sighting: Kings of Leon

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Great video to watch from the 39th annual Kennedy Center Honors and starting minute 5:00 very prominent Guild acoustic content by the Kings of Leon in tribute to The Eagles, one of the evening's five honorees.
Excellent music and musicians in all songs. 20 minutes well spent.

Article-3403323-ScreenShot20161228at80524AM.png

Ralf

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Joe Walsh looked perturbed during that song. Looks like my D25 Br. Telling you, they fit great in mix.

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Take another good look; it's a mid-'80s D-15. You can't see the back, but it should be arched!

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

looks like there is no binding on the top so Hans of course is correct. not sure though, how he knows it's 80s and not 90s. the headstock overlay? only volume 2 will have the answers. that D-15 sounds sweet! KOL is great, I saw them once at Nassau Coliseum and it was unreal! Then I was at a Tom Petty festival and Caleb Follwill appeared unnanounced which was epic! no Guild (no guitar at all) but I think it was his first performance after getting out of rehab, and he crushed it! (not so sure that Petty Fest at Webster Hall should be your first stop after getting out of rehab, but anyway...) i was lucky enough to capture this vid, check it out-

Neal

Reaction score
Fooled again! The yellow waterslide headstock logo should have tipped me off. The old D-25 logo was more muted.

Given the paddle headstock shape, has to predate '87.

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Given the paddle headstock shape, has to predate '87.

ah yes, indeed! I never really knew of the cut off date for the headstock shape. seems to vary model to model.

gilded

Reaction score
Ralf, thanks for posting the Kennedy Center vid. I hadn't seen it; Great Fun!!