is this an ad for Ren Fergusons's replacement?

merlin6666

Reaction score
So Guild has this job ad posted:

http://guildguitars.com/now-hiring-product-manager/

The main responsibilities for this position include product conception and planning for a wide range of guitars, ukuleles, as well as other guitar-related accessories with a focus on defining the product vision and specifications to ensure superior marketplace performance.

So it's not quite a master luthier, but definitely sounds like a very interesting job for a guitar-nerd.

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I would say that's closer to the job that Dave Gonzales (with Takamine last I heard) and then Chris Middaugh had. Ren was more in the production end. Product managers are generally more in promotion. Here's Chris's schtick from the Orpheum rollout.

Rich Cohen

Reaction score
I would say that's closer to the job that Dave Gonzales (with Takamine last I heard) and then Chris Middaugh had. Ren was more in the production end. Product managers are generally more in promotion. Here's Chris's schtick from the Orpheum rollout.

I think you have it right.

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
I applied for the job... No go...
The hiring manager looked at me and asked, "aren't you the guy that was looking at buying that shattered D-4?" Sooooooo like a said no go...

jim777

Reaction score
I applied for the job... No go...
The hiring manager looked at me and asked, "aren't you the guy that was looking at buying that shattered D-4?" Sooooooo like a said no go...

LOL

2682207462_1.gif