1994 Pilot Bass on Tucson CL

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
great price for a nice pilot pro 4

Especially if it has the OHSC, but even if it doesn't. Of course I need another bass like a hole in the head!

Not quite sure what "EMG pickups wired V/V/T. Original preamp went bad." means, though.

sailingshoes72

Reaction score
Cool looking bass guitar! I like all the gold fittings.

Especially if it has the OHSC...Not quite sure what "EMG pickups wired V/V/T. Original preamp went bad." means, though.

The EMG PJ pickup set is probably an active set, so it came with a built in preamp and 9 volt battery attachment. I guess it's possible that the original circuit or wiring went bad. Ad does not say if it was replaced. The PJ pickup set was wired for separate volume controls and a shared tone control. Don't know what the 4th potentiometer is for, though. Ad says OHSC included, but in beat-up shape.

Do I hear some bass guitar playing in your future, Wood?

krysh

Guildarist in the mod squad
Reaction score
Guild Total
Cool looking bass guitar! I like all the gold fittings.

The EMG PJ pickup set is probably an active set, so it came with a built in preamp and 9 volt battery attachment. I guess it's possible that the original circuit or wiring went bad. Ad does not say if it was replaced. The PJ pickup set was wired for separate volume controls and a shared tone control. Don't know what the 4th potentiometer is for, though. Ad says OHSC included, but in beat-up shape.

Do I hear some bass guitar playing in your future, Wood?

not only probably but definately. the original circuit was with active bass/treble control and 2 volumes. if I didn't have a great pilot already (and if this one wasn't red and had a rosewood fretboard - cites problems importing into germany) this one is a great base for modding into an exceptional bass. have some woodwork done and replace the pickups with nordstrands p4 and a bigsplit at the bridge, add a nordstrand 3band electronics with 4 pots and 2 switches, and voila, you get a multifunctional killer bass with killer fast neck for way under US$1000 that you couldn't buy a competitive new one for from any brand for under US$ 2000.