Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
A consecutive string of numerically significant posts up there:

CA-35: 1,776
GAD: 4,000
adorshki: 18,000

This very thread is a milestone unto itself!

That'll teach a lurker to come out and say hello. :wink-new:

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm posting , just to add to my post count. I have a lot of typing to do, to get in the big leagues.

Oh, and Welcome, Kevin !

markus

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm posting , just to see my post count. …

Welcome!

We've been to Barrie in October. Nice place to live I guess!

Markus :smile:

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Bluespicky,
Didn't you have a Bluesbird and a DV52 (not listed in your collection)

I did Rich, and have enjoyed them both very much (especially the DV-52) but they are now gone.
After all was said and done on the B-bird, and as I was mentioning in another thread recently, Les Paul took the win.
As to the DV 52, it was let go after the DV 72 made its apparition in my fleet....
Trying hard not to have any more guitars than my shelves can hold. Still need to kick a couple, but it's getting harder to decide which ones!

sailingshoes72

Reaction score
Hello Kevin. Welcome to LTG! A Northern Jumbo? First time I have heard of one of those. I have played a few Southern Jumbos over the years. What year(s) did Gibson manufacture those? Oops! I forgot... this is a Guild Forum. :boxing:

Bill

Rich Cohen

Reaction score
I did Rich, and have enjoyed them both very much (especially the DV-52) but they are now gone.
After all was said and done on the B-bird, and as I was mentioning in another thread recently, Les Paul took the win.
As to the DV 52, it was let go after the DV 72 made its apparition in my fleet....
Trying hard not to have any more guitars than my shelves can hold. Still need to kick a couple, but it's getting harder to decide which ones!

Me too. I recently let go of my DV-52 to acquire a JF-100 CRV, and I'm glad I did. My motto is only four guitars at a time -- all Guilds of course! I see from your stable, you have 2 S100s, one of them carved. Where is the carving?

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Me too. I recently let go of my DV-52 to acquire a JF-100 CRV, and I'm glad I did. My motto is only four guitars at a time -- all Guilds of course! I see from your stable, you have 2 S100s, one of them carved. Where is the carving?
Pardon my butt-inski, but since they're all "the same":
00O0O_fnNDJCV6GtS_600x450.jpg

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Thanks Al.
Wonder what this eyelet is to the left of the knobs??? :shocked:

Good question, just picked the first photo that would display here easily with a good shot of the carving.
Gettin' a little tough these days with P-bucket takin' forever to load and so many photos being "encrypted" or "jpegbase64" that won't show up here.
Edit: The fact that it's a bass completely escaped me until just now.
:eek-new:
No, seriously.
:glee:
You can revoke my posting privileges if you wish.
:culpability:

Last edited:

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
The fact that it's a bass completely escaped me until just now.
As you said, same carving work....
I was actually trying to find the pic I posted recently of my two carved sisters (S-100 / JS-II) but I suck so bad at the search function (or is it the function itself that sucks? :playful:) that I gave up, so thanks for doing the hard work for Rich! :applause:

You keep your posting privileges.
For now.

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Thanks Al.
Wonder what this eyelet is to the left of the knobs??? :shocked:

that is actually an extremely rare feature known as either the "pickup selector" or in some regions the "pickup switch."

thats super cool that yours has one!

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
that is actually an extremely rare feature known as either the "pickup selector" or in some regions the "pickup switch."

thats super cool that yours has one!

Oh, on blowing it up, I see it is a second witch. It's got a black tiop that makes it hard to tell what it is at "normlal size"
I think both Bp and I thought it was a second jack. ("Eyelet")

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Oh, on blowing it up, I see it is a second witch. It's got a black tiop that makes it hard to tell what it is at "normlal size"
I think both Bp and I thought it was a second jack. ("Eyelet")

no big deal, its not like Bluesypicky has the same exact identicle bass, with the factory pickup selector and factory deep-hard (mini) switch, that was standard on all Guild basses for the bulk of the 1970's...

see Bluespicky, this is what u get for playing bass! busted! again!!! BOOM

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
for those of you following along, here is what it sounds like to be really good at playing a bass, that you do not realize has a pickup switch