Introducing myself

Reaction score
Hi All

I've been lurking here for about a year soaking in the great Guild and general musical knowledge from you all. Thought it was time to introduce myself. I'm from a city 1 hour north of Toronto (Barrie). Started playing guitar somewhat later in life and now making up for lost time.

I'm the proud owner of two Guilds. A late 70s G-37 and a mid 90s JF4-NT. Both purchased within the last couple of years from Toronto Kijiji. Two very different sounding and playing guitars and I love them both. They are not cosmetically perfect. In fact the JF-4 is sort of a beater but it is structurally sound with a straight neck nowhere near needing a reset. Older USA guilds are not common here, mostly GAD models on Toronto Kijiji. I once had a mid 90s Songbird (my first Guild) that Hans helped me get a truss rod cover for.

The Guilds join my eclectic acoustic collection that includes a couple of Yamahas, a couple of Yamakis, a Harmony Sovereign H-1260 and a Gibson Northern Jumbo that is essentially a Southern Jumbo that is one of 65 made specially for the Canadian market.

The Guilds get most of my playing time. My wife likes the Guild sound better than most of the others. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and I hope to post occasionally if I have anything worthwhile to bring to the discussion.

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Welcome Kevin, and congrats for having picked the right wife, one that has a good musical ear!

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Welcome to LTG, Kevin! We'd love to see photos of your Guilds!

walrus

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Welcome to LTG Kevin! Sounds like you have a nice heard of Guitars there. Feel free to post some photos of your Guilds as we all love pictures here on the forum. You probably already know that though if you have been hanging around for awhile. You will have to host the photos elsewhere like photobucket or imageshack and then post the links to the photo's address here. Here is the info link on the procedure for posting photos on LTG.

http://letstalkguild.com/ltg/showthread.php?185122-FAQ-Posting-pictures-to-LTG

Have a Good one and look forward to hearing more from you in the future!

TX

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you get me a deal on Labatt's Blue or better yet, Canadian Club???????????????????????????????????

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome!

If you've been lurking for a while then you may have noticed that having something worthwhile to add is not always a prerequisite for posting! :wink-new:

CA-35

Reaction score
.........you may have noticed that having something worthwhile to add is not always a prerequisite for posting! :wink-new:

My posts usually have nothing at all worthwhile to add..........................

Welcome to LTG.

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
A consecutive string of numerically significant posts up there:

CA-35: 1,776
GAD: 4,000
adorshki: 18,000