Anyone having trouble with AUDIO ADS trying to play on LTG?

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Something new. Never had audio ads try to play before. And now they don't even sync up with the banners that show up! Is anyone else having this problem? It's driving me crazy....... Maybe it's time for an ad blocker?

F312

Reaction score
Yes Tom, it's driving me crazy too. I've hit the X on the add and the sound goes away but shows up again when you go to another page. Please advise.
Ralph

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I just added Adblock Plus to Chrome (my browser) and as soon as I refreshed LTG, the banners (and the problem) were GONE!! Are you using Chrome as your browser Ralph?

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
In Chrome, follow these instructions:

Method 2 Using Adblock Plus

• Click the Chrome Menu (☰) button.
  • Select More tools → Extensions.
  • Click the "Get more extensions" link at the bottom of the page.
  • Search for "adblock plus".
  • Click the "+ Free" button next to the Adblock Plus entry in the Extensions section.
  • Click Add in the window that appears.

Fixed the problem for me. Wow, that was ANNOYING!!

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I also added the Ad Blocker you mentioned just now Tom and it works great too!

TX

Last edited:

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I always had the ad banners at the top and bottom of the page, but they never played audio before. That was something new, and even if you stopped playback of the ad, as soon as you changed tabs or left the page the ads started playing again. So irritating!! Maybe just something inherent to Chrome or something.

griehund

Reaction score
I keep the sound turned off all the time. I only turn it on when I want to hear a video. So, not a problem.

geoguy

Reaction score
Happened to me yesterday several times. The most annoying part (other than sounds I didn't want to hear), was that my browser's view would jump down to the bottom of a LTG page, so I could view the ad that was playing. Even if I wasn't done reading a post up above.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Well, that's not an option for me because there are vids and stuff on FB I want to hear and part of the problem is that the audio ads muck up the page while they're playing and scrolling down to turn them off wasn't working and ...... if you can just shut off your sound, that might help you. But I keep mine on a low volume. Honestly, since I installed the Chrome Adblocker Plus all my pages are loading faster and better.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do any of you guys use Safari? I haven't noticed that (yet) on my Mac desktop.

I'm sorry to hear that you're being irritated by Google ads from LTG. I will inform dklsplace that this is happening.

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Do any of you guys use Safari? I haven't noticed that (yet) on my Mac desktop.

I'm sorry to hear that you're being irritated by Google ads from LTG. I will inform dklsplace that this is happening.
I haven't had any sound from the banners on my MacBook Safari or iPad Safari.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks, Chris. I wonder if there's something blocking that. I've certainly run into crap like that when I go to some sites. I find it highly irritating when a video starts playing (and chewing up bandwidth) when you go to a home page of a site. People should be tarred and feathered for that.

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I've certainly run into crap like that when I go to some sites.
No worries Charlie, we won't ask... just remember though, clearing history on your PC doesn't prevent anyone from knowing where you've been! :laughing:

markus

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
No worries Charlie, we won't ask... just remember though, clearing history on your PC doesn't prevent anyone from knowing where you've been! :laughing:
l'm not afraid to ask: sites like www.martinguitar.com?:hypnotysed:
Markus :smile:

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
FWIW. I am running Ghostery on Firefox and don't have the problem. I consider Ghostery as an alternative to Ad-Block. The fiddling to get sites to work is more intuitive for me. I have had ads on an Android phone that did not respect volume settings. When complaining to the vendor whose application was showing the ads they threw up their hands and said they get paid for displaying ads but have no control over the behaviour. I pointed out that I could control my behaviour by not using their app and they said they would provide feedback about a specific ad to their ad vendor. That said, the last time ads were a problem at LTG Don was able to take some action once a specific ad had been identified. So if the next person to see this would report who the advertiser is, that would be helpful.