Hans' Book out of Print Again?

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Rick, that's hysterical!! I've been looking for a Spaniel case!! And Harry, I think you're on to something with this book parting out thing..... why buy the whole book when you can just get the chapters you want? I like the way you think, amigo!! :highly_amused:

steve488

Reaction score
Guild Total
Supply & Demand rules..... or just the inflation. Saw this on the ebay stuff today. Apparantly I have waited too long for my family to supply me with needed reading material.:dispirited:

The Guild Guitar Book: Hans Moust
Stock Image
The Guild Guitar Book

Hans Moust

Published by Hal Leonard (1999)

ISBN 10: 0634009664 ISBN 13: 9780634009662

New Paperback

Quantity Available: 1

Bookseller Rating: 4-star rating
Add Book to Shopping Basket
Price: US$ 467.91
Convert Currency
Shipping: US$ 3.99
Within U.S.A.

Destination, Rates & Speeds

Item Description: Hal Leonard, 1999. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0634009664

More Information About This Seller | Ask Bookseller a Question

Bill Ashton

Reaction score
Guild Total
BTW Brad, after watching the movie "Nine Lives" on DVD last night (which included a cat who drank rare scotch), I am not sure you can blame SWMBO...:smile:

I will never be able to look at my cat the same way again...as much as a PITA as he is being now!

gilded

Reaction score
Supply & Demand rules..... or just the inflation. Saw this on the ebay stuff today. Apparantly I have waited too long for my family to supply me with needed reading material.:dispirited:

The Guild Guitar Book: Hans Moust
Stock Image
The Guild Guitar Book

Hans Moust

Published by Hal Leonard (1999)

ISBN 10: 0634009664 ISBN 13: 9780634009662

New Paperback

Quantity Available: 1

Bookseller Rating: 4-star rating
Add Book to Shopping Basket
Price: US$ 467.91
Convert Currency
Shipping: US$ 3.99
Within U.S.A.

Destination, Rates & Speeds

Item Description: Hal Leonard, 1999. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0634009664

More Information About This Seller | Ask Bookseller a Question

Say what you will about the price, the Shipping is very reasonable!!

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Say what you will about the price, the Shipping is very reasonable!!

LMAO!!!! I had the exact same thought when I saw the listing!
I guess the price wasn't quite high enough to justify free shipping! Too funny....

Last edited:

gilded

Reaction score
$33.00?? $33.00??

The Market has plunged! I waited too long (sigh). And I was just about to trade my hardcover version for a pharmaceutical company.....

HeyMikey

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Kindle help needed !!!

Hey all. I just ordered and started reading the $20 Kindle version. My first time using Kindle or any kind. I'm using it as an app on my laptop but am having a very hard time reading certain sections. When I got to the section on Headstock Shapes with all the pictures and text underneath it is microscopic. I can't make out any of the text. I don't see a way to zoom in on a section either. I can make fonts larger on certain main body text but things like those photo/text sections don't enlarge. Like I said, first time using Kindle. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Online help seems to be geared towards features that only exist on physical Kindle HW devices, and are not available on the app version. Very frustrating. I wish it was a straight PDF...

Here is an example of what I mean. The text on the left can be resized. The text on the right under the photo's cannot. And there seems to be A LOT of this type of content throughout the book.

BrSLG5f.png

Last edited:

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hey all. I just ordered and started reading the $20 Kindle version. My first time using Kindle or any kind. I'm using it as an app on my laptop but am having a very hard time reading certain sections. When I got to the section on Headstock Shapes with all the pictures and text underneath it is microscopic. I can't make out any of the text. I don't see a way to zoom in on a section either. I can make fonts larger on certain main body text but things like those photo/text sections don't enlarge. Like I said, first time using Kindle. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Online help seems to be geared towards features that only exist on physical Kindle HW devices, and are not available on the app version. Very frustrating. I wish it was a straight PDF...

Here is an example of what I mean. The text on the left can be resized. The text on the right under the photo's cannot. And there seems to be A LOT of this type of content throughout the book.

BrSLG5f.png

On an actual Kindle you can zoom images by touching the image. No idea about the laptop version. That said, it comes down to how the publisher digitized the material as to whether it's zoomable or not.

HeyMikey

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
From what I’ve been reading it’s a known and gap that has been identified for many years. Some have theorized that Amazon has done this intentionally, since it is such an easy feature to implement, in order to steer people to purchase a physical Kindle device.

I still have 6 days to return it for a refund which I will likely do since half the book is unreadable. I’ve been looking into a way to convert it to pdf but so far the method and freeware programs seem a bit sketchy. Not worth risking my computer and data for this.

If anyone has a pdf version they can share I’d be more than happy to send Hans the $20 instead of fostering Amazon’s nonsense.

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
On my iPad, I can use two fingers to expand it, and it expands a a separate pic that needs to be closed to go back. I assume you’ve right, left- clicked and tried various alt-, control-, etc. clicks.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
font size on my Kindle can be increased or decreased with the "pinch" method. I don't know if font size is actually the issue, though, with the pages of Hans' book.

I'm not aware of any PDFs of Hans' book out there.

HeyMikey

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I’m talking about the PC based version. I confirmed with Amazon customer help person that one cannot zoom or enlarge photos with the free download PC version. I don’t own an iPad or other kindle device so appearently SOL.

Last edited:

chazmo

Super Moderator
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Ah, well, you're SOL for sure, Mikey. :) Well, to be honest, you *need* the printed version of the book in your home anyway. It's as simple as that. :)

HeyMikey

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Guess I’ll just have to wait until part 2 and the re-release of part 1 :wink: