How long does it take to heal ligaments ?

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I like the implied meme !

I have never been a patient patient .

John:
RE chondroitin:
I started using it about 4 years ago when I thought I might have a ruptured disc.
Web research showed they can actually heal under proper care, and the sheath is cartilaginous.
Since I was also concerned about the degradation of cartilage associated with gout, I figured I'd be treating 2 birds with one stone, so to speak.
Not seeing any negatives associated with it, I was willing to give it a try.
Preliminary research indicated the combination with glucosamine and MSM maximized body's utilization, but the chondroitin sulfate itself is the cartilage building block.
Now I see MSM Is actually more of an anti-inflammatory like DMSO.
Anyway, my experience has been good overall.
Completely non-scientific anecdotal evidence:
If my disc was ruptured, I'm satisfied it's healed now, as I haven't had an episode as severe as that one was, since.
In fact I rarely get the spasms I used to get that would lock me up for a week anymore, and definitely pretty mild when they do occur.
The gout episodes are very minor now, although granted I've added a few newly-discovered dietary changes during the last couple of years as well.
But the real shocker was when I took a prat-fall on some wet concrete about 15 months ago, feet flying forward right out from under me.
Almost landed directly on my tailbone but managed to twist to the side while going down so took it on my hipbone and outside edge of palm instead.
And got up and walked away.
Was expecting at least some 24-hour delayed reaction the next day due to jolting the left shoulder and consequently my neck, but virtually nothing except a slight headache.
I was 59-3/4 and 170 lbs at the time, and thinking "Jeeze...that's supposed to be a guaranteed bone-breaker for somebody my age."
So yeah I also drink about 2 gallons of milk a week and maybe I'm getting more calcium than the average 59 year-old, but still...maybe the chondroitin helped?
It sure as h-ll didn't hurt.

Last edited:

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Never had a ruptured disc. I had one that got severely scratched though, but it could still play.
You could hear firewood crackle along with the music. Kinda gave it a cozy feeling actually.
It was a live performance of Sydney Bechet & Mezz Mezzrow.
Maybe I shoulda tried chondroitin to fix the audio issue.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Never had a ruptured disc. I had one that got severely scratched though, but it could still play.
You could hear firewood crackle along with the music. Kinda gave it a cozy feeling actually.
It was a live performance of Sydney Bechet & Mezz Mezzrow.
Maybe I shoulda tried chondroitin to fix the audio issue.
I feel it's my duty to warn the forum that Bluesypicky's account appears to have been hijacked by my evil twin.
I was wondering where he'd got off to.
On the internet, nobody knows if you're wearing spandex.

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Al,

I started taking the chondroitin+glucosamine , after you guys mentioned it in this thread. I figure it can't hurt.

I did find a weekend of attaching things inside the doors of my Mustang project, and working weather striping and then a day of spraying for lots of weeds did leave my hand sort of sore. Made sure I did the cold and heat treatment. It's annoying that it still gets tender after a month.