Fun weekend

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
Had my appendix out in 2005, during Hurricane Katrina (I'm in Michigan but still…) and also in the midst of a long bout of labyrinthitis (subject of a thread veer elsewhere here!). It wasn't an emergency situation, though…more irritating than threatening. I put up with the discomfort for a couple months before going under the scope. Was out & about a couple days later!

-Dave-

dbirchett

Reaction score
Fat fingers, tiny keys and pain meds=typos galore. Ask me how I know!

Hope you get better soon, Gary!

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Pretty much what everyone said goes for me, too.
My appendix is still there, as far as I know, and who would know better than I? :highly_amused:

I have a few pain-med stories and some of them are a bit grisly but I'll save them for another thread. Now there's an idea....a pain-med thread.

Hope you feel better soon,
Joe

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm on the mend, thankfully. Now it only hurts when I first stand or any time I try to use my abs which is all the damn time.

What's especially disconcerting is the fact that I can feel my organs move when I roll on my side. No sir, I don't like it.

I did manage to take pics of my blonde twins on the couch (and some others), and it's terrifically frustrating because everything takes twice as long. My wife yelled at me to stop "doing stuff" but I am *so* bored. There's only so many times I can watch all of the Rick and Morty episodes.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
My wife yelled at me to stop "doing stuff" but I am *so* bored. There's only so many times I can watch all of the Rick and Morty episodes.

Here's something I looked at today which has many answers to questions seen here recently about late Westerly/Corona electrics:
http://www.fenderforum.com/search.html
OK, the trick is, ya gotta enter "Hans Moust" as the user name, check the "Guild/DeArmond/Tacoma" box, and then be sure to drop down and switch to "Any Date" in the "Search Dates" slot.
It's where Hans used to live before this place was founded.
Or maybe you already knew that.
If not, hope you can kill a couple of hours there at least!

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Here's something I looked at today which has many answers to questions seen here recently about late Westerly/Corona electrics:
http://www.fenderforum.com/search.html
OK, the trick is, ya gotta enter "Hans Moust" as the user name, check the "Guild/DeArmond/Tacoma" box, and then be sure to drop down and switch to "Any Date" in the "Search Dates" slot.
It's where Hans used to live before this place was founded.
Or maybe you already knew that.
If not, hope you can kill a couple of hours there at least!

Thanks for the tip, but sadly I knew of it already. Some of the best Hans quotes are buried in the Fender forum, especially for hard-to-fine models like Nightbirds.

Ron from Texas

Reaction score
Did your rupture ? Either way I know it's no fun and a lot of pain there . My wife had to have surgery on the 23rd December this pass year . Got out Christmas day afternoon . Hers' busted when they started the procedure . What was suppose to be 3 small incisions ended up being another incision that took 17 staples to close up . Altogether 24 staples . Nope , not a fun surgery ever to have !! Wish you well and just take it easy . Older you are the harder to get over it . It will take my wife 6-12 months to fully recover .

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thankfully no rupture. I managed to recognize the symptoms and get to the hospital in time.

I can only imagine how your poor wife must feel!