Fun weekend

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Had to call 911 at 2am after a full day of steadily increasing pain was suddenly accompanied by a 109 degree temperature. One emergency appendectomy later, I am waiting for the doctor's discharge order so I can go the hell home.

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Wow.... I guess it's never too late for appendicitis hmmm? Never got that and I thought I was safe by now... :(
Glad to hear you're fixed! Pain is never fun.

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
109°!?! Wowza! I'm surprised they're not going to keep you longer.

Rest up!

Rich Cohen

Reaction score
Jeez, GAD. Glad to hear you're on the mend. I had mine taken out when I was around 15. Not a pleasant experience. Surgery techniques are more refined these days.

shihan

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Wow, sounds pretty scary. Glad you're on the mend. Getting the OK to leave the hospital is a happy moment.

Rich Cohen

Reaction score
I had a hernia op done several years back. Out patient type approach these days. For my first hernia op back in '81, I stayed in hospital for 3 days! Anyway, this time, I'm in the recovery room, then a small hospital room after recovery. Nurse comes in and ask "Are you ready to go home?" I says, not quite yet. She returns shortly thereafter and asks the same question. I says, still relaxing, not ready yet. Nurse says, "Well, the hospital charges this room every 15 minutes!" Packed my bags!

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Damn. Glad to read the temp update. 109 is more like a braise than a temp for a living human being.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Sorry about the temp thing. I was pretty heavilly medicated. :)

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Wow.... I guess it's never too late for appendicitis hmmm? Never got that and I thought I was safe by now... :(
Glad to hear you're fixed! Pain is never fun.

I''m 52. Never expected it, but I guess no one does. Apparentfly most people get it by the time they're 30. I always knew I was special.

At lest I've got a week of Guild time to look forward to, assuming I can get theem out of the casses

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I''m 52. Never expected it, but I guess no one does. Apparentfly most people get it by the time they're 30. I always knew I was special.

At lest I've got a week of Guild time to look forward to, assuming I can get theem out of the casses
I had my appendix out a couple of years ago, at 51. When it goes, it goes. Just be thankful it's the age of laparoscopy; I was back teaching in 3 days.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you are Alright GAD! That is some scary stuff. One day fine the next in the balance. Here is to wishing you a speedy recovery and a well earned week with your Guilds. Hope you feel better soon my friend. By the way, Medicated is the only way to play! LOL :smilet-digitalpoint

TX

rampside

Reaction score
Guild Total
Man, GAD!, that must've sucked. Glad you're on the road to recovery.

Reminds me of my daughters emergency appendectomy just 2 weeks before the start of her freshman year of college. The surgeon's name was Dr. Hatchet.
Took ME quite some time to recover. :biggrin:

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Had to call 911 at 2am after a full day of steadily increasing pain was suddenly accompanied by a 109 degree temperature. One emergency appendectomy later, I am waiting for the doctor's discharge order so I can go the hell home.

109? Oh my gosh! So glad you lived man. That must have been a record.