Had it.....Sold it.....Got it Back!

krugjr

Reaction score
After several Orpheums (owned) and a Gibson J200 (tryout) I remembered the words of TX..."krug, I still can't believe you sold your F50R"! So I contacted the buyer of my F50R in Woodstock, IL, and the timing was perfect for both of us. Now, on the one year anniversary of me letting her go, she's back where she belongs.....in my hands! She's a New Hartford dream and I couldn't be more pleased! Some wonderful guitars have come and gone over this last year, but for my over all rhythm style of playing, the F50R just fits!

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Wow, what a beautiful guitar!! Glad you got it back! That was some kind of big cosmic sign that you're SUPPOSED to have this guitar.... :encouragement:

krugjr

Reaction score
I believe you're right, Tom.....the first thing he said was "I was just thinking about you, and I was going to get a hold of you".....he was getting ready to order a custom Benedetto guitar, and the F50R was on his mind too.....May 27, 2014 build date for mine.....gotta be pretty close to the end of New Hartford production?

bobouz

Reaction score
Wonderful - doesn't seem like you get too many second chances in the world of guitars!

Not quite the same, but I bought an '00 Gibson J-100xtra new in 2001, and was in love with the tone, but not with the nut spacing. Many other guitars later, the J-100 sat waiting for me in the closet. Now that I've retired, I'm slowly getting around to guitar projects that have been pending. So a couple of nights ago I fired up the J-100 after making a new nut, and it's an absolute thrill to revisit this old friend again - just like having a new guitar!

Fun stuff. Congrats & thoroughly enjoy that F50R !!!

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
So I contacted the buyer of my F50R in Woodstock, IL, and the timing was perfect for both of us....

Great how that turned out because, wow, such a beauty F50R! Ebony... abalone... ahhh....

It seems mine has been a complete cure for GAS, or at least it's a very effective medicine!

krugjr

Reaction score
bobouz.....good story

Joe...hey, ya never know what might show up some day

Cougar...funny you should mention the "cure for GAS"...same here...lots fewer visits to Reverb, Ebay, and the FS/FT listings at the major forums, and a lot more playing, learning songs and singing.....before I contacted Woodstock, I was keeping my eye on you all with the F50R in your signatures.....trolled a bit but nobody was taking the bait....ha..ha...

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
This is Awesome News Krug! It is very seldom that we get a chance to acquire a guitar that we let go of for what ever the reasons were at the time we let it go. My 2013 New Hartford F50R is the Gold Standard for me that I compare every other Rosewood guitar I play to. Same with the DTAR Wavelength Multi-source factory pickup setup that came in them. Congrats on the return of an Old Friend and may the two of you enjoy each others company for years to come! If for some insane reason you decide again that she is not for you I would like to put my hat in the ring as first in line to buy her from you. That way when you decide you want it back the second time around all you have to do is drop me a line! LOL!

By the way, I believe your guitar was built on the next to last day of production at New Hartford. If I remember correctly the last day of the 2014 Julian calendar for production at New Hartford was 148 or May 28, 2014. Have a good one my Friend and Congrats on getting your F50R back!

TX

krugjr

Reaction score
Retro Rocker...you're right, the DTAR was another big part of the formula for why the F50R worked for me...I've tried, and discarded, several others this last year, but always paid attention to the multi-source!

TX.....thank you for the kind words, my friend......and you have a deal, if insanity strikes, I will give you a call! you know, the Orphs came close, and they did make me a better guitar player, even after 50 yrs of playing...but I kept adjusting my playing to fit the guitar, whereas the F50R lets me be me, the way I've always played...it's the perfect match, for me! and yes, I do think it's kinda cool having one of the last New Hartford guitars!

jedzep

Reaction score
I relate. Here's my best 2nd chancer...
th_014_zpsysw9cn40.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Bonneville88

Reaction score
Guild Total
Good story, so cool that that you were able to get this beautiful guitar back.

Man, how I wish I'd never, ever let go at least a dozen wonderful instruments, mostly vintage Gibson electrics - such regret!

Oh, and traded a fine Westerly D4-NT and some cash several years ago to get a brighter sounding Martin D16 RGT
which seduced me of an afternoon. The only way to correct my damaged Guild karma will be to somehow do
the same trade in reverse, someday somehow...

jim777

Reaction score
That is gorgeous, and hopefully the seller knows Bob isn't making the new Benedettos himself anymore - those days are over. Not to say they aren't great, just to put it out there.

krugjr

Reaction score
thanks, Jim, I think he's been checking that out, but I'll be sure to mention it to him.....

very nice, jedzep!

bobouz

Reaction score
I relate. Here's my best 2nd chancer...
th_014_zpsysw9cn40.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Love the guitar, but also the amp!

I've got a thing for those red knob USA-made Fenders from the '90s, and have number of them - including a Princeton Chorus as in your photo, a tube Super 210 & tube Super 60, Deluxe 85, and Studio 85.

Wonderful clean Fender tone!