Guild X180 Park Avenue 2002

Reaction score
Sounds and feels as good as it looks. Thick neck is super comfy, and the 3" body depth is not even remotely an issue. Thought it was going to be for standing up while playing, glad it's not though.
Had a smart man once tell me who you vote for does not represent who you support politically, it's where you spend your money. Uncle Sammy has my permission to raid the Gibson factory again.

Xj4d5Cu.jpg

uv5Kbsw.jpg

BZXQ7lX.jpg

uWLR3MR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

martin82

Reaction score
That's a beautiful guitar. Love the fancy tailpiece. Play it well.

I'd like to find that style tailpiece in chrome. It looks much nicer than a plain one.

Last edited:
Reaction score

I'd like to find that style tailpiece in chrome. It looks much nicer than a plain one.

Thanks. It's kind of hard for me to string it with that tailpiece due to my big clumsy hands. You're right though it's nice to look at. Guild definitely knows how to bling an instrument out.

What's with the "I hate Gibson" BS? I say take that attitude elsewhere, we don't need the negativity here.

It's just a joke. As much as I hate to admit it I have other brands of guitars laying around including Gibsons.

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
People, people, people! Let's focus on the beautiful guitar, it deserves it!

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I poor sunburst is really disappointing and I stay away. They look cartoony. A really NICE sunburst gets me all greedy and coveting. This one is the second type.

W

wolf papa

Unregistered
User deleted by their request
Gorgeous, I have one just like it

parker_knoll

Reaction score

I'll sell you a gold one and you can laboriously rub off the plating.

PS I also think it's funny. However, the guitar is clearly too deep.

parker_knoll

Reaction score
^ That is a deep body. Is that common for jazz archies?
there's a range - Thinlines like the T100, medium like X160s and X170s, then on up. The more expensive, the bigger they get on the whole, but not entirely :)

bobouz

Reaction score
Late to this party, but:

I LOVE GIBSONS !!!!!
And Guilds, too!

IMGP0636.JPG

PittPastor

Reaction score
Wow, what a nice guitar! I'd never heard of 'em, so quick look online -- holy smokes! They cost as much as an Artist Award.

But I love the looks of that one you have there! (And I know I am weird, but I never liked all of the tagging that the AA has on the head stock. A nice clean Chesterfield like your guitar has seems more elegant to me.)

How does it sound unplugged?

Is this a new guitar for you?

FWIW: I don't hate Gibsons... not too big a fan of where the last CEO took the company tho. Here's hoping the new guy does better... We'll see...

bobouz

Reaction score
You know, I initially hadn’t picked up on the fact that the chesterfield headstock has binding. That may be my favorite Guild headstock design!