M-240E DeArmond ToneBoss...

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Among the new lineup scheduled for FY17, Cordoba is adding the M-240E to line, MIC, but I am more interested in the DeArmond ToneBoss soundhole pup.
http://guildguitars.com/g/m-240e-troubadour/

Any experience with what that would sound like? I have already watched the video on guild's site, but wondering if anyone has experience with the pup itself.

I did not know Cordoba now owns DeArmond as well, but that was a Guild offshoot, no?

Marketing always cracks me, up, I assume that someone 6' 4" tall could still officially buy the guitar, but not so sure:

"The reduced size is excellent for smaller players or musicians looking for a great sounding travel guitar."

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I did not know Cordoba now owns DeArmond as well, but that was a Guild offshoot, no?
Well, technically a Fender brand created to market MIK Guild electrics, so yes, depending on how you define "offshoot".
EDIT: See post #7 below for correction, apparently Guild did actually own DeArmond for a period of time prior to Fender acquiring it.

Marketing always cracks me, up, I assume that someone 6' 4" tall could still officially buy the guitar, but not so sure
I'm sure if you fudge the application nobody'll actually check.
It's not like the carnival rides where they have the height bar right there at the entrance.

Last edited:

curbucci

Reaction score
Wish they would bring back the Dearmond 260 mag for pickups. Has two sensors on it. I've got one and it works great with John Pearse Pure Nickel acoustic strings.
"Model 260 Attachable Humbucker, for roundhole flat-top guitar. This pickup is unique in being the only DeArmond pickup with two separate sensors - a set of humbucking coils and 'DeArmond's exclusive Piezo-Magnetic Sensor (PMS)' which both operate together."

dbirchett

Reaction score
Fender, afik, owns the DeArmond brand and given its use with Gretsch guitars is not likely to relinquish it. My guess is that either Fender is making them for Cordoba/Guild or C/G is making them under license. Fender owned the DeArmond brand before it purchased Guild back in the '90s.