Thank You LTG

Rich Cohen

Reaction score
I just want to say "thank you" to LTG. Even if I wasn't a huge Guild fan, I think this website and its members create a hell of an interesting exchange of ideas, not to mention emotions.

kdavid

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Seconding this Rich. Over the years ive cried on the many shoulders here & learned much.
Also about guitars & my favorite brand in particular
there are many here i would call friends & would hope to meet one day.
This place is more than a forum. The members here make it so.
im so glad to be a member here

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I just want to say "thank you" to LTG. Even if I wasn't a huge Guild fan, I think this website and its members create a hell of an interesting exchange of ideas, not to mention emotions.

Agree.

Only I wish it wasn't so expensive for those of us with impulse-control issues......

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
May I ask...why did you give your F 212xl to your nephew? Is he just learning, or experienced? It's quite a challenge to play, no?

I bought F-212XL with the full disclosure by the previous owner that it needed a neck reset and possibly other work, the price paid reflected that.

Unfortunately, my talented luthier, Pete Brown, was unable to get the neck off, concluding it had been permanently glued in a previous reset.

I had him ramp and profile the bridge to match the neck, shave the saddle, and it was very playable, just quieter than you'd expect a Guild 12-string to be.

Shortly after that, I picked up the JF4-12, and I concluded that one mahogany 12-string was enough. My first Guild exposure was with my ex-brother-in-law's magnificent D-40, so I could not think of a better recipient than his son, my nephew.

He had been playing for while, and every guitarist needs a 12-string, if for no other reason than playing major chords and just listening to the beautiful results.

Rich Cohen

Reaction score
I bought F-212XL with the full disclosure by the previous owner that it needed a neck reset and possibly other work, the price paid reflected that.

Unfortunately, my talented luthier, Pete Brown, was unable to get the neck off, concluding it had been permanently glued in a previous reset.

I had him ramp and profile the bridge to match the neck, shave the saddle, and it was very playable, just quieter than you'd expect a Guild 12-string to be.

Shortly after that, I picked up the JF4-12, and I concluded that one mahogany 12-string was enough. My first Guild exposure was with my ex-brother-in-law's magnificent D-40, so I could not think of a better recipient than his son, my nephew.

He had been playing for while, and every guitarist needs a 12-string, if for no other reason than playing major chords and just listening to the beautiful results.

Wow, what an eloquent response! I totally understand your thinking, and see that you followed your instincts. Being a "parent" of two twelve strings, I fully concur with your observation. Orchestras they are.