1994 D-55 Pickguard

steveomatic

Reaction score
Hi,

For the 1994 Guild D-55's was the original pickguard black or tortoise? I'm just trying to figure out if the pickguard on mine is original or not .

Thank you for the reply's ahead of time .

Steve

GardMan

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
My '92 D-55 had a tortoise PG. There's a '94 on Reverb also with tortoise PG. The PG on my 55 (and the one on Reverb) was also a slightly larger, extending a little further UNDER the strings, than those on my earlier and later Guilds (IIRC, I asked Hans Moust about the size, and that was normal for that period).

I see Hans beat me to it, while I was composing.

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I need to replace mine, since I doubt it will remove and be able to reattach it without it warping, but StewMac doesn't have a Tortoiseshell pattern in their "oversized" sheets of pickguard material. The closest they have is sort of more modern flamey redish stuff.
Anyone know where else I can get some good stuff that still looks right ?

Hello John,

If the stuff that Guild used during the '70s, '80s and the biggest part of the '90s is what you are looking for, I can help you out with that same material.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

Last edited:

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
The particular model I have is the 2008 Prototype guitar. I'm not sure how it differs from what you have, Hans. Is the stuff you have self adhesive or will I need the proper glue for it ?

Send me a PM about shipping and costs, etc.

Thanks !