NGD Guild M 240E and new member

Reaction score
hello everyone,
I am new to the forum and got my first Guild today,a Guild M 240E,been playing it all day and i really like it,fingerpicking blues and strumming ect.The guitar is in mint condition and sounds and plays great and was cheap off craigslist.Anyone else have or played this model?What do you think of it and any advice on strings ect?it has Martin Sp lights on it sounds good.I have a Alvarez dread and i use daddario ej16's on it and like them on the alvarez.I will play it 95% of the time unplugged.I just play for fun at home.

Cheers,
Mems

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
WELCOME TO LTG!
Interesting to see this post about a guitar I've been looking at for a while. Good to hear a good report, too.

Keep us posted as you bond with it and congrats on the acquisition. :encouragement:

Joe

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome Mems!!! I am looking at an M240 here in cl Dallas listed for $220.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hey mems! Welcome to LTG! Those are super nice guitars for the money. Glad you're enjoying yours. You might try the D'addarios on the Guild as well. I love GHS strings. I always use the Bright Bronze and the Silk and Bronze. But its fun trying different ones all the time. So many strings, so little time..... :encouragement:

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Welcome mem! Enjoy the LTG ride. Tons to learn about Guild here. Among other things. :cool-new:

Reaction score
So cool

Welcome Mems!!! I am looking at an M240 here in cl Dallas listed for $220.[/QUOTE
That's cool and small world,that's the one I bought I think,it's a awesome guitar!! I really am enjoying it!Keeping looking for one it's worth the search.
Cheers
Mems

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Congrats on a New Guild and Welcome to LTG Mems! Those Guilds are a Great Bang for the Buck. I would take Davisman's advice and try some different types of strings to see if you like one more than the other. I mostly play Daddario EJ's or EXP's on my Guilds with a few running Martin Retro Monel strings. There are quite a few folks here who like John Pearse strings as well. It all depends on what is right to your ear so have fun experimenting with it. Lots of Great folks here with lots of Great Info as well. Keep us posted and don't be afraid to post some pics of your guitar. We all love Guild photos around here. To post photos you will have to host them elsewhere like imageshack or photobucket and then insert the photo link in the picture frame of the tool bar. Best of Luck!

TX

kdavid

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Hi Mem! Looks like a great guitar. Beautiful grain on the top & i bet the arched mahogany back just booms
for strings what i found on my spruce/mahogany dread is the Martin retros in lt. (12's)
they take a couple days to settle in & after that they seem to last a long time
What i like about them is the voice that guitar (mckaila) sings with
& the even balance from string to string.
Im waiting for the strings on my F-40 to wear out (& with me it shouldn't be too very long) & i'll try a set on her.
Just a thought

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Nice picture Mems! I love those simple yet elegant head stocks and those open back tuners!

geoguy

Reaction score
Very classy . . . I'll try to post your photo here, for the convenience of others:

IMG_20170226_213842.jpg

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
What a perfect body shape! I love those smaller bodied guitars. Maximum sound with incredible comfort. Thanks for sharing!! :encouragement:

Reaction score
Thanks Everyone for the warm welcome,I like this guitar more and more everyday,can't wait to learn more about guilds ,I will take the great advice and try other strings,if it sounds any better than it does now,I be scared to play it lol
Thanks
Mems