Shipping advice

Brad Little

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
The D-55 I bought from member Keith7940236 arrived this morning, and reminded me of some advice for all who might be shipping guitars. Remove the endpin, it's the place where possibly more damage than any other takes place and is often undetectable from the outside, i.e. the carton is intact. All it takes is a drop on the bottom that can push the pin in and damage the bottom of the guitar. I sent Keith a thank you for remembering to do that before he shipped. Also, kudos to the USPS for fast and (on my end) courteous service.
Brad

Brad Little

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Oh wow, Brad! I was afraid this was gonna be a tale of woe!! Glad it arrived safely! How's it sound??
Haven't tuned it up yet, too much activity in the living room. I'm going on the assumption that it will sound the way an almost 40 year old D-55 should sound. Going to use the carton it came in to hand on my D-50 to my grand nieces in Seattle.
I'll post on the sound after I spend some time on it. It will be a break in period for me, as well because due to physical problems that are just about cleared up, I haven't been able to play for a year or so.
My daughter said it's shiny (this is a joke between us, she says that about every guitar I get).

gilded

Reaction score
Same here, Brad.

I've always appreciated your experience and your knowledgeable points of view on all things Guitar, but it would be great to think that you can get a little bit of Funtime back with an axe!

Brad Little

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Well, tuned it up and spent some time with it, sounds great, really like the sunburst. It has a lower action than I usually keep my guitars, but considering I need to build up my calluses after a long hiatus, it's probably a good thing. I really am impressed with the condition, considering it's almost 40 years old, just a few dings in the lower bout, pretty much invisible if you don't look for them. Neck is also clean and comfortable. It will definitely inspire me to practice more during my return to playing regularly.
Brad

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
That sounds like Great News Brad! On both your health and the Guitar. Glad to hear you are on the mend! I have dealt with Keith a few times before on buying and selling a couple of Guilds and he always packs and ships great! Just a great guy to deal with. Glad to hear the D55 is in a good home and I wish you the best in getting back up to speed with your playing. It is amazing how a high quality instrument that plays and sounds great can motivate you to play more and learn/re-learn more than you normally would.

TX