Guild D66

Reaction score
Any Guild d66 owners. I am new to this site. Having trouble navigating. I have several guilds and they are as good as it gets. The D66 always surprises me when I pick up. Looking for thoughts, insights, history

wileypickett

Reaction score
Hello "vmocken" and welcome!

I'm a brand new D66 owner, purchased on Reverb a month or so ago. The guitar needed a little fretwork and set up, and I replaced the tuners, which I didn't care for.

I've been playing it like crazy ever since I got it back.

It might be the best sounding Guild I own.

This will sound like heresy to folks who know some of the Guilds in my stable, which include such stellar models as a DV72, a JV72, a GV70, a D50 with Brazilian rosewood back, and more.

The D66 is slightly louder than any of the others. I know "loud" doesn't necessarily equal "good," but it has all the fine tonal qualities of the DV72, and a shade more oomph.

I'm more than a little blown away!

The price was great and the seller even rebated me 100+ bucks to cover the cost of the fretwork needed.

I think it's my new "A" guitar.

Glenn

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Welcome, vmoken! Depending on the year of your D66, my D64 may be it's cousin! Great guitar!

walrus

Reaction score
Hello again: I have a difficult time navigating this forum therefore I have not been back since my first post. Thank you for the replies. My list is:

1971 D40 nt. This is a flat pickets "A" guitar
1990 JF 30.
1974 F212xl. Best 12 ever made
85 D66. #21 in the series
93 D55.
All Westerly. Thought I had 6. Guess I need one more.

Vince

GuildFS4612CE

Reaction score
If you're able to post again and give us a more specific idea of what you mean by 'difficulty navigating', one of our computer literate members and/or moderators might be able to offer some advice to help solve the problem(s).

Note: the first few posts of new members are moderated to be sure you're not a bot or other nefarious hacking creature and there can be a delay in your posts appearing if the volunteer moderator staff is busy with life.

Reaction score
Thank you......what I mean is it is confusing to me on how to begin a conversation. It is about navigating. I suppose I need to take more time.