'75(?) S100 finally found one!!

S100

Reaction score
Guild Total
Man, that looks awesome. Looks like the one you sold me with more of a flat finish and obviously, the tailpiece.

Los Angeles

Reaction score
Guild Total
VERY well done, Dave!

My bet is that it's a 76. You're about to experience a few unexpected delights, like no more bridge "wiggle," wider/flatter/faster frets, a swept back neck angle, much shorter heel/neck joint for more comfortable playing in the upper register. On this particular guitar, I'm most impressed with what at first glance looks like the original case. Of all my 77s, only one has the original hard shell case with the body molding and the right amount of extra padding behind the neck joint and the horns.

Hammer

Reaction score
I'm betting 76 as well. You should probably let go of that black 93/94 to offset the cost of this one. *wink wink* *nudge nudge* Just sayin. :encouragement:

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
Congrats, Dave! I've always wanted to play a vintage S-100, and I've never had the chance. I actually think the diamond sticker is pretty cool.

Treem

Reaction score
Guild Total
Congratulations Dave! I too also think it has the spirit of 76. :glee:

Los Angeles

Reaction score
Guild Total
For what it's worth, I doubt it's a refin. Just looks like the photo is too fuzzy and the lighting too dark to see any reflection, giving the appearance of a matte finish. I bet she's a "looker" in person.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Fretless Wonder is a nickname from the olden times for Gibsons where the frets were so low that they almost felt fretless.