DVD makeup

Walking Man

Reaction score
With the variety of knowledge floating around I'm hoping someone here could explain, and insert a drawing, of the information burned into a DVD. I read that a single layer DVD might have up to 2million sectors. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ron from Texas

Reaction score
A CD is write to only , usually about 650meg space , Cannot edit or delete anything from a CD . A DVD usually has like 3-4 gigs. room which handles videos rather well or you can stream movies to it . Cannot edit or delete files from DVD .

On the other hand if you wish to edit or delete or re-write files then you must use a CDRW or a DVD-RW . Both of those allow deleting or editing anything on the disc or you can completely erase the contents and add all new data . However if you Completely Wipe the disc the disc is usually good for just a few add and wipe processes then it gets' to where it might corrupt or just stop allowing you to rewrite or edit .

Also on a DVD-RW if you want best quality data use the Blu-Ray version disc but make sure your computer is capable of writing to a Blu-Ray disc , if not then you'll need to use a regular DVD-RW as long as your computer can write to a DVD disc .

Last edited:

Walking Man

Reaction score

CA-35

Reaction score
Slight veer sorry AL.

Hey Mike forget the computer talk......................lets see more pics of that dog....is it a dachsund?

Walking Man

Reaction score
Four mini's? Oh my. I love those little hound dogs.

I was referring to the one in your signature that says "I know you have food....I can smell it."
Time to fess up: The photo in my signature was swiped from a u-tube post. It's a photo of "This me Chloe"...from her weekly submissions. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtrRL4Gp1K7-reciE4fzzqQ

Here's a link to a thread that shows the current family:
http://www.letstalkguild.com/ltg/showthread.php?190328-A-dogs-world-A-dogs-life&highlight=dachshund