First Post!!

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Those nature boys are a thing of beauty, Jetstar or S-100.

You go, Pascal! :)

You probably meant "carved" but yes they are also "nature boy" in color (which is also very beautiful). There are some carved sunburst and walnut examples as well (but most carved are NB's)

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Welcome. Is that really a 'burst type finish?

Seen these before Fro, i like to call that one the "75 burst." Guild finished guitars in batches and with all the variations out there, many identicle pieces from the same year were likely painted side by side. a beautiful shade indeed, Gibson actually copied this color/burst, and a couple other variations of it, on the 2013/2014 USA series SG-J (satin/nitro). very attracive subtle fades on both the old Guilds and new Gibsons (especially with no pickguard). The OP has a beautiful JS-2 shortscale to go along with the X-702 long scale...tell us, which do u like better? mighty different beasts indeed!

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Seen these before Fro, i like to call that one the "75 burst." Guild finished guitars in batches and with all the variations out there, many identicle pieces from the same year were likely painted side by side. a beautiful shade indeed, Gibson actually copied this color/burst, and a couple other variations of it, on the 2013/2014 USA series SG-J (satin/nitro). very attracive subtle fades on both the old Guilds and new Gibsons (especially with no pickguard). The OP has a beautiful JS-2 shortscale to go along with the X-702 long scale...tell us, which do u like better? mighty different beasts indeed!

I remembered that. I was too lazy to type "We have seen a burst type finish before. But the way the lighting in the picture is I can't tell if this is one or not. Is it?"

:)

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I remembered that. I was too lazy to type "We have seen a burst type finish before. But the way the lighting in the picture is I can't tell if this is one or not. Is it?"

:)

yes thats the 75 burst. seen on the S-50/90/100 & JS Basses in 1975. sometimes also "carved." Hans Moust owns an S-90 Special which has the carvings and is sunburst, but it is earlier than 1975 and has a different burst (and a pickguard). I think Hagmeat has an S-100-SB-carved. id love to find a JS-I-Carved if one exists, or an S-50 carved, either or both with the sunburst would be a crazy find!

rkdk8910

Reaction score
Right now the X-702 works, sound wise , with the music we are doing. Both sound awesome. Don't think I can pick out which is my favorite.